(News) Stained Windows! Microsoft to mark illegal copies

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

4W4K3

VIP Member
I give it 10 days from release before someone figures out how to stop the notifications, or stop the verification process all together.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Related article here.

They'll get a few more people to buy legitimate copies. A lot more would buy if the price were more reasonable, say $50.

Motoxrdude

Looks like i am going to linux! Jp. It just says that it is going to do a pop up window, so it just looks like a scare tactic to me.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
I give it 10 days from release before someone figures out how to stop the notifications, or stop the verification process all together.

Are you kidding? I'll bet that those who have already gotten around the current GSI hurdle are still safe.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all,

monkeysims said:
Is it just gonna be for XP or all Windows versions?
Im realy not sure mate,

Starwarsman said:
I don't have to worry about it... those who do shouldn't have it in the first place.

Me neither:D
I have a genuine version of windows.

Jet

VIP Member
I have a correct version of windows as well. It's always nice to be on the good side of Microsoft.

Bobo

banned
I don't know that Microsoft really has a good side....

I really hate their tech support, cause it is all a bunch of people who can't actually speak english, and you can't even understand them

But anyway, I am assuming that this version is legal, it was preinstalled...

Bobo

banned
magicman said:
There's an easy way to find out...
Yep, it is.

I think that this is a useless move by Microsoft. Pretty much all of the people who have illegal copies would be smart enough fo get around this, and the stupid people would have just bought real copies in the first place.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Bobo said:
I don't know that Microsoft really has a good side....

I really hate their tech support, cause it is all a bunch of people who can't actually speak english, and you can't even understand them

But anyway, I am assuming that this version is legal, it was preinstalled...

they can't speak english probably because they're probably from some Asian country that has cheap labour. And their phone quality is horrible too! Half the times i can't even hear what they're saying..

Dr Studly

banned
Bobo said:
and the stupid people would have just bought real copies in the first place.
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

my dad wanted me to get a real one... so i am genuine... he just wanted to be safe about an operating system...

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
Encore4More said:
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

my dad wanted me to get a real one... so i am genuine... he just wanted to be safe about an operating system...

Nonono, I mean that only people smart enough to get past all of this would get illegal copies, and not that anybody who bought a genuine copy was stupid.....lol :rolleyes: