*Official * Windows 7 Thread

speedyink

VIP Member
Honestly..I have no idea...but I gots it :D Now just to wait for the actual release to get my key.

If you wait a little while the public beta is out soon.

Last edited:

GSAV55

well when the public beta is released, it will be available to the public, so you could prolly just get it off their website, which I think is in jan or feb, but I saw somewhere that its gonna be in june. You could also do it in an illegal way which is how everyone that didnt get it from microsoft (like the press, etc., did) but I can't tell you how within the rules of the forum though its fairly obvious.

speedyink

VIP Member
They'll release a download (probably somewhat hidden) on their website on about January 14th. I got it from less than legal ways, but I couldn't way, I'm way too excited for this :p I think i'll buy it for all my computers when it comes out

shoehorned

I got a chance to try the 64bit version, and there seems to be driver problems. It looks exactly like vista but after playing with it for a while in detail, I noticed that it's a lot faster.

N3crosis

I got a chance to try the 64bit version, and there seems to be driver problems. It looks exactly like vista but after playing with it for a while in detail, I noticed that it's a lot faster.

Does it hog up system resources like vista, and is it stable? (Besides the driver issues).

Deamos

Does it hog up system resources like vista, and is it stable? (Besides the driver issues).

Nope.. I'd say the resources used are about 25%-50% less. Its being made to run on low end Netbooks so they are making use less resources.

speedyink

VIP Member
It manages RAM completely differently. Instead of taking 25-30% of available RAM like Vista, it pretty much just uses 400-500 mb at idle

KevinKevin

I broke my Vista disk AFTER formatting my damn computer. 80 quid that was. I'm going to keep XP until 7. Can't believe it.

reddevil6

Windows 7

hey all just a coupple questions bout Windows 7

1) does it use directX 10(.1)?
2) does it use less CPU an ram than Vista? (cos i fould vista used alot more then XP)
3) will all my games an software work?
4) is it stable?
5) will my hard ware an keyboard an mouse drivers work? or will i have to download new ones?

MichaelPC

hmm...from my experience with windows 7, it does run a "bit" faster than vista. it feels almost complete...a little unstable I should say. Hmm..i'm not sure about the drivers. but you should always have a backup driver in cd/dvd/usb just in case. that's all i know.

speedyink

VIP Member
hey all just a coupple questions bout Windows 7

1) does it use directX 10(.1)?
2) does it use less CPU an ram than Vista? (cos i fould vista used alot more then XP)
3) will all my games an software work?
4) is it stable?
5) will my hard ware an keyboard an mouse drivers work? or will i have to download new ones?

1) It uses Directx 11
2) Yes
3) Pretty much if it works with Vista it'll work on 7
4) It's very stable
5) keyboard and mouse will work fine. for other hardware just download the vista drivers