PC Racing Sim

Archangel

VIP Member
Problem is the only one with a clutch (a must for me) is over $200:eek:

the G25 (the only one I know of is 250 euro's over here. hardly worth the money tbh. (if it was `150 I might have considered it) but 250 euro's?! that $390, I mean, are they nuts?

I do have 2 FX racing wheels for the xbox360 tough (great fun, you can drive against/with eachother then:) and they seem to work with Vista! (they didnt got recognized with Xp, but vista did see them as "logitech FX racing wheel" :p best thing, those only costed me 15 euro's each.. big difference compared to the G25 over here.

Last edited:

G25r8cer

the G25 (the only one I know of is 250 euro's over here. hardly worth the money tbh. (if it was `150 I might have considered it) but 250 euro's?! that $390, I mean, are they nuts?

I do have 2 FX racing wheels for the xbox360 tough (great fun, you can drive against/with eachother then:) and they seem to work with Vista! (they didnt got recognized with Xp, but vista did see them as "logitech FX racing wheel" :p best thing, those only costed me 15 euro's each.. big difference compared to the G25 over here.

Well mine was only $260 and that was when they first came out! The G25 is def worth it for that price!

Oh yeah I forgot about Grand Prix legends!

f.i.t.h

the G25 (the only one I know of is 250 euro's over here. hardly worth the money tbh. (if it was `150 I might have considered it) but 250 euro's?! that $390, I mean, are they nuts?.

That sucks, $390 US

The only one I've seen in NZ was $360
360.00 NZD

=

282.506 USD

Still, thats way to expensive for a wheel. The 80 GB iPod classics are cheaper then that (by $1).

G25r8cer

That sucks, $390 US

The only one I've seen in NZ was $360
360.00 NZD

=

282.506 USD

Still, thats way to expensive for a wheel. The 80 GB iPod classics are cheaper then that (by $1).

Holy Cow! I havent checked prices on ipods lately as im not a huge mac fan but im sure they are cheaper over here.

g4m3rof1337

Lol, they're the same age.

I chose not to portray myself as a kid.

Anyways, I've chosen to revive this thread, since I am looking into getting into Racing Sims.

Is it possible to buy a Wheel and everything and have it work on a PC and an Xbox 360?

Also, besides the $300 wheel, what else is there?

And I assume most Racing games, PC and Xbox have the online multiplayer and a LAN feature?

Thanks.

Last edited:

G25r8cer

I chose not to portray myself as a kid.

Anyways, I've chosen to revive this thread, since I am looking into getting into Racing Sims.

Is it possible to buy a Wheel and everything and have it work on a PC and an Xbox 360?

Also, besides the $300 wheel, what else is there?

And I assume most Racing games, PC and Xbox have the online multiplayer and a LAN feature?

Thanks.

AS for the G25 it only works on Windows and a ps3 or ps2. No support for Xbox360. As far as I know there is no wheel with clutch for the xbox360. And dont expect the G25 to ever have support for the xbox360 either. It's along story but, it will never happen.

G25r8cer

the Porsche 911 Wheel it's the same as a G25.

To me the Porsche 911 wheel is way over-priced and way too plasticy. I feel that it would break in a matter of minutes. The G25 however is way more sturdy and can handle just about anything. The weakest point on the G25 however is the shifter but, with some mods it feels way more realistic and is sturdy as heck now.

If you want to make your own shifter you can do it to. It is actually very simple. You just take an old USB controller and wire buttons to it and place the buttons so each shift will hit the buttons. Same thing with pedals except you have to use POT's (potentiometer).

KPC84

GTR2 and LFS are the current best racing sims in gaming.

The Forza and Grand Tourismo series on the consoles are nothing but arcade jokes. They might look good, but you can hardly call them racing simulators.

Wait till Grid comes out. That will blow your mind.

And you really need a wheel if you want to play a simulator. I got a g25 on ebay for pretty cheap.

G25r8cer

^^^ GRID is out and I have it already. Its not that much of a sim anyway! No clutch support so that sucks.

G25r8cer

I must say I'm disappointed then. I was hoping it would take the sim route. Back to LFS for me then.

Yeah it kinda sucks!! The graphics and sounds are amazing though. But, the wheel support is lacking alot.

When is GT5 gonna come out on PC?