Pissed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but only consist of 5-15 words just to drop a comment wich usually just confirms what other people already said.
like from what I can see just on this site:
Nobody has said anything remotely related to "get a higher mark next time"

only in General Chat, where we tend to enjoy chatting and joking around
Indeed

and then in other threads you have many many posts like that dont really help solve anything.....
Should we look at your posts? ;)

Charlie7940

Well not to arise any trouble Syleprojekt, but I noticed about 90% of your last 100 posts or so have all been related to "general chat". I don't believe that's solving anything. I'm not saying all my posts solve everything, but I don't hang around the general chat section to jack up my post count :)

Styleprojekt

Charlie7940 said:
Well not to arise any trouble Syleprojekt, but I noticed about 90% of your last 100 posts or so have all been related to "general chat". I don't believe that's solving anything. I'm not saying all my posts solve everything, but I don't hang around the general chat section to jack up my post count :)

Well yeah you are right i have been only in general chat cause i have no trouble with my PC anymore so far and i am not a person to give advice in computers to be honest. However, i do give advice and discuss topics in general chat and i dont just "chat" aroound. People here are more open minded and i enjoy general chatting here more than on other sites because people over there only look for trouble. Now i wont say i am an angel but i dont usually go out and cause trouble, only when something really bugs me, i get insulted, or i see nonesence.
Oh and btw, i dont care about how many posts i have cause it doesnt make me any smarter, more valuable or important does it?

Charlie7940

Well yeah you are right i have been only in general chat cause i have no trouble with my PC anymore so far and i am not a person to give advice in computers to be honest.

Then why are you here? People join this forum because they enjoy working & helping people around computers. Recieve help and then refuse to help others who have problems like you once had...sounds a little selfish to me. Ok I'm done...;)

Christopher

VIP Member
Not selfish at all. Take me for example, I've got over 1000 posts and not many of them are in the computer forums. Just because someone doesn't help out doesn't mean they cannot enjoy the people here and chat. I for one enjoy reading the other threads, I learn a lot here. That doesn't mean I am going to refuse to help someone if I do have the answer to their questions.

If the admins didn't want people to chat, then we wouldn't have this forum.

Charlie7940

If the admins didn't want people to chat, then we wouldn't have this forum.

I never said chatting was bad, I was just replying to the response that he gave Praetor stating:

and then in other threads you have many many posts like that dont really help solve anything.....

And basically I was just proving he's a hypocrite :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Nobody has said anything remotely related to "get a higher mark next time"
Check to see who posted #11.

Yes please
Ok whats the percentage of helpful posts you've made?

and I am not a person to give advice in computers to be honest.
So dont be a hyppocrite and complain about be not helping once in awhile.

Not selfish at all. Take me for example, I've got over 1000 posts and not many of them are in the computer forums. Just because someone doesn't help out doesn't mean they cannot enjoy the people here and chat. I for one enjoy reading the other threads, I learn a lot here. That doesn't mean I am going to refuse to help someone if I do have the answer to their questions
Yes but you help elsewheres also... emphasis being on "help"

And basically I was just proving he's a hypocrite
Dang someone beat me to that word.... :D

Seems like this thread is on it's way....

Styleprojekt

Charlie7940 said:
I never said chatting was bad, I was just replying to the response that he gave Praetor stating:

And basically I was just proving he's a hypocrite :)

Those are also in the other PC related topics....not just general chat where its more apropriate. But i'll stop talking about this cause i'll prolly get banned at some point for talking against an Admin. It was just annoying me that Praetor was just making comments that didnt lead to anything besides more text to scroll up/down.

But i did said that i still like him, so its not like i am attacking him and you need to defend him

Charlie7940 said:
Then why are you here? People join this forum because they enjoy working & helping people around computers. Recieve help and then refuse to help others who have problems like you once had...sounds a little selfish to me. Ok I'm done..

Dude, get your direction. I said i am in general chat right now cause i have no problems, BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO HELP OTHERS OUT. However if i do find something where i can answer i will help. I plan on building 4 more Pc's for my family in the upcoming months, so should i just close my account and go away cause i am not doing it right now?
In General chat you also have people asking, and seeking advice. And like Chroder again said, i enjoy chatting with more educated people

Styleprojekt

Praetor said:
Check to see who posted #11

On my screen it says you...

Praetor said:
Ok whats the percentage of helpful posts you've made?

Umm, computer related id say maybe 5-8% of my posts. But as i said, i am here to seek advice PC related, and also i am not an admin who was voted to know most about PC's

Praetor said:
So dont be a hyppocrite and complain about be not helping once in awhile?

Well i didnt really complain, i was just telling you that it bugs me that you too add to the overflow of comments, as somebody who should be against the nonesence posts, and expected to be law/order in this forum[/QUOTE]

Praetor said:
Seems like this thread is on it's way....
to beeing closed cause its a nowhere leading "dispute"

Styleprojekt

Look at Praetor that bastard. Just when i accuse him of not giving enough advice, he gives advice on my DVD/CDRW Post. Man i hate you......thanks btw ;)

Yeti

VIP Member
@styleproject
1) for a person obsessed with cars and politics you should not complain about an "irrelevant" post in a computer forum (yes its general chat but even so...)
2) I don't see the irrelevence in said posts, some interjections of humor yes, but thats a very common, and imo welcome, thing in this forum
3) calling the admin a bastard, even in jest, is generally not a good idea

Styleprojekt

Yeti said:
@styleproject
1) for a person obsessed with cars and politics you should not complain about an "irrelevant" post (yes its general chat but even so...)
2) I don't see the irrelevence in said posts, some interjections of humor yes, but thats a very common, and imo welcome, thing in this forum
3) calling the admin a bastard, even in jest, is generally not a good idea

I dont really understand what the point in number one is.
And i think Praetor is a cool guy so i think he will take it as a joke just as its ment to be....

Yeti

VIP Member
I dont really understand what the point in number one is.
You're complaining about the relevancy of Praetor's posts. Where Praetor posts on things like getting someone's computer working again (relevant), you post on things like the Mercedes is better than a Lexus (irrelevant).

Styleprojekt

Yeti said:
You're complaining about the relevancy of Praetor's posts. Where Praetor posts on things like getting someone's computer working again (relevant), you post on things like the Mercedes is better than a Lexus (irrelevant).

Dude, in that thread people started comparing cars to graphic cards so wtf

I never said praetor doesnt help, in fact, i also voted for him as beeing most helpful. Also, please dont forget that he is an Admin and supposed to look for order, and not make 100's of comments like the ones i quoted earlier and similar....the thing that set me off was that i simply advised the person who started the thread to maybe ask his parents if everything about them used to be so perfect, and he just said" thats irrelevant" eventho it was and he didnt even mention why!
quit trying to just enforce the stronger side when you have no bullets

PLUS I DIDNT COMPLAIN, it bugged me thats it, and i let him know....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.