Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
That ram looks pretty cool Mep. You wouldn't want 6 gigs?

Not at the $300+ price point. Honestly, I don't think I'll take much of a performance hit loosing 3 gigs. Not with what I do.

[-0MEGA-];1231463 said:
Very nice setup mep, love the red/black theme!

Thanks! I'm still workin on a watercooling setup. So far I've got an Apogee GTZ WB. Still undecided on the rest of the stuff, although thatguy16 put me together a solid parts list.

Yep, kick-ass mep!

:gun:

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks! I'm still workin on a watercooling setup. So far I've got an Apogee GTZ WB. Still undecided on the rest of the stuff, although thatguy16 put me together a solid parts list.
That's a great waterblock, I have the same one. I would recommend the Swiftech MCP655 pump. The radiator and reservoir are up to you, I personally like the MCRES mini reservoir since I can mount it either inside my case or right on the side, and it's easy to fill.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Just finished my first ever build, big thankyous to mep and vroom for the help :good:
P1010096.jpg

v92.jpg

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
[-0MEGA-];1231626 said:
That's a great waterblock, I have the same one. I would recommend the Swiftech MCP655 pump. The radiator and reservoir are up to you, I personally like the MCRES mini reservoir since I can mount it either inside my case or right on the side, and it's easy to fill.

Yeah, I think that's the same pump thatguy recommended. As far as the res and rad, I'm not sure yet. For the res, I'd really like something fancy in a 5.25" drive bay; the rad needs to be something large I can mount to the top interior of my case. It'll support a 120x360mm rad, iirc.

Candy

Looks great Buzz!

Loving this case, I think I need some led's inside, tho.

I was going to ask you about that case, I was thinking of getting one but read some poor reviews on newegg. What is it really like though? Easy to install everything in?

I see you had a few VB's to celebrate the completion of the build ;)
Not my preferred beer, but its better then no beer lol.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
I was going to ask you about that case, I was thinking of getting one but read some poor reviews on newegg. What is it really like though? Easy to install everything in?

I see you had a few VB's to celebrate the completion of the build ;)
Not my preferred beer, but its better then no beer lol.
The only problem I found was with the tool-less design for the pci slots, it doesn't keep the cards held firmly enough. I just took it out and screwed the pci cards down. The hard drive and dvd are secured with the tool-less contraption and seem to be fine.
VB isn't my favourite either, but it's usually cheap! :)

Candy

The only problem I found was with the tool-less design for the pci slots, it doesn't keep the cards held firmly enough. I just took it out and screwed the pci cards down. The hard drive and dvd are secured with the tool-less contraption and seem to be fine.
VB isn't my favourite either, but it's usually cheap! :)

Yeah, the tool-less design was what most people seemed to have complaints about, still most people would have lots of spare screws so its not a major problem.

Haha, Toohey's Extra Dry is my choice but it seems to froth up really easily when you drink it out of the bottle, one small bump and its up over the top lol. Maybe I'm just unco lol.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Yeah, the tool-less design was what most people seemed to have complaints about, still most people would have lots of spare screws so its not a major problem.

Haha, Toohey's Extra Dry is my choice but it seems to froth up really easily when you drink it out of the bottle, one small bump and its up over the top lol. Maybe I'm just unco lol.
Yeah, all the holes are still there if you wanna use screws, good case for the price, you shop at msy?
Try some grolsch, best beer money can buy ;)

Candy

Yeah, all the holes are still there if you wanna use screws, good case for the price, you shop at msy?
Try some grolsch, best beer money can buy ;)

Nah haven't used msy before, they don't have a store where I live and I found their website confusing so I never bothered. I get it now though and their prices look good!

I'll have to try some Grolsch next time I see it.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Nah haven't used msy before, they don't have a store where I live and I found their website confusing so I never bothered. I get it now though and their prices look good!

I'll have to try some Grolsch next time I see it.
I got all my parts from msy, apart from ram and gpu I bought from members here. They're pretty good, but the website is horrible!
When you get grolsch, check the use-by date, it goes off pretty quick, but the fresh stuff is amazing :)

Candy

I got all my parts from msy, apart from ram and gpu I bought from members here. They're pretty good, but the website is horrible!
When you get grolsch, check the use-by date, it goes off pretty quick, but the fresh stuff is amazing :)

Haha yeah, they obviously haven't bothered spending much time on it. I just noticed on their website they said they wont ship items, I would have to organize my own courier to pick it up, too much effort imo.

When I get some it will probably be at the pub or I'll just get a 6 pack, so wont need to worry about it going off. Thanks anyway though :)

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Haha yeah, they obviously haven't bothered spending much time on it. I just noticed on their website they said they wont ship items, I would have to organize my own courier to pick it up, too much effort imo.
You out in the country somewhere then?

Candy

You out in the country somewhere then?

Nope, Tasmania haha. MSY is only on the mainland, there are still good stores here but prices don't really compare to MSY, though their not bad because obviously they know if they jack the prices up people are just going to buy online. I usually buy online now anyway though.