*POST YOUR TABLET OR PHONE HERE*

strollin

What I like about my SP3 is that I can run the exact same software on my tablet as I run on my desktop and laptops. The same browser (FireFox), same Office Suite (MS Office 2013) and all the rest. The only thing I don't do on my SP3 that I do on my other machines is run any VMs.

spirit

Staff member
What I like about my SP3 is that I can run the exact same software on my tablet as I run on my desktop and laptops. The same browser (FireFox), same Office Suite (MS Office 2013) and all the rest. The only thing I don't do on my SP3 that I do on my other machines is run any VMs.
Yeah exactly. I had Adobe CC 2014 and then 2015 on my original Surface Pro for a while and it was great. Love the Surface Pro tablets because they pack a lot of power into a nicely-sized body. For some things my ThinkPad is better but I love the Surface Pro for its size and of course the pen! Being a student the pen really makes the device! :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
my current phone is a galaxy note 4
au_SM-N910GZKEXSA_003_front_black

my current tablet is a galaxy tab s2 9.7
au_SM-T815YZKEXSA_001_Black-large_black

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Heck no, the G5 is an awful flagship phone IMO. And this is coming from someone who had and liked the G2, G3, and G4.
Is it on sale in USA stores yet? Have you used one?
Curious why you would say that, I personally would not consider one because at 5.3", the screen is way too small.
I also think the Samsung amoled screen in basic mode is awesome and every time I have used some of the other newer non. Samsung phones, the screens in my personal opinion, pale in comparison. The note 6 is the only phone that may tempt me to upgrade.

Geoff

VIP Member
Is it on sale in USA stores yet? Have you used one?
Curious why you would say that, I personally would not consider one because at 5.3", the screen is way too small.
I also think the Samsung amoled screen in basic mode is awesome and every time I have used some of the other newer non. Samsung phones, the screens in my personal opinion, pale in comparison. The note 6 is the only phone that may tempt me to upgrade.
They just went up for pre-order, released next month. I think the whole "friends" thing is a bunch of useless gimmicks. LG made the battery smaller, made the screen smaller but kept the phone the same basic size, and the modules require the removal of the case and reboot of the phone and likely won't work with cases. Compared to the S7 Edge it loses is pretty much every category.

tremmor

I have the S7 Edge now also. had since it came out. Had a hard time finding a case for it though.
The generic brands were terrible.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think an extended battery module would be good if it was thinner and d the full length of the phone, but that is probably not possible design wise.
Wouldn't the S7 edge have the same problem with cases. I hate those flip cover cases. And the type of case I use would need to protect the phone screen in a drop. I am not a fan of the curved screen.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
And the type of case I use would need to protect the phone screen in a drop. I am not a fan of the curved screen.

And that would be why I now have to wait for the Note 6 to come out in September because Samsung isn't bringing out the S7 Plus(pissed about this as it was looking really good) unless it comes out later this year. I don't like the curved screen and definitely want a 6" screen or as close to it as possible.

Geoff

VIP Member
I have the S7 Edge now also. had since it came out. Had a hard time finding a case for it though.
The generic brands were terrible.
Weird, I found tons of cases on Amazon. I have one of the thin clear ones and love it.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
And that would be why I now have to wait for the Note 6 to come out in September because Samsung isn't bringing out the S7 Plus(pissed about this as it was looking really good) unless it comes out later this year. I don't like the curved screen and definitely want a 6" screen or as close to it as possible.
Samsung seem to be Increasing the price on their phones, probably part of the business plan to be more like Apple. Even though the removable battery will not make a comeback in the note 6,, looks like microsd will be a feature. Despite the negative stuff I say, Samsung currently make some of the best hardware on the market, their displays blow the competition away., I also read one rumour saying the note 6 would have 6gb of ram, not sure if that will be true, but it would be nice.

spirit

Staff member
their displays blow the competition away.
You should check out the Lumia 950's display, absolutely stunning. The Samsung displays are great too - the display on my brother's Note 3 was gorgeous, but the best I've seen is definitely the 950.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
You should check out the Lumia 950's display, absolutely stunning. The Samsung displays are great too - the display on my brother's Note 3 was gorgeous, but the best I've seen is definitely the 950.
I dont think i could ever make the switch to Windows mobile. But the 950 and the g5 looks like the last two options with a removable battery. I'm happy with my note 4, I'll just wait and see what the note 6 has to offer. I may even hold on to this phone for more than two years, a far cry from Geoff's two phones in the one month :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Samsung seem to be Increasing the price on their phones, probably part of the business plan to be more like Apple. Even though the removable battery will not make a comeback in the note 6,, looks like microsd will be a feature. Despite the negative stuff I say, Samsung currently make some of the best hardware on the market, their displays blow the competition away., I also read one rumour saying the note 6 would have 6gb of ram, not sure if that will be true, but it would be nice.

I dont think i could ever make the switch to Windows mobile. But the 950 and the g5 looks like the last two options with a removable battery. I'm happy with my note 4, I'll just wait and see what the note 6 has to offer. I may even hold on to this phone for more than two years, a far cry from Geoff's two phones in the one month :p
Samsung makes the best phone displays by far, they've won best display every year for the past several years. Of course the 950 looks better than the Note 3, since that's a 3 year old phone lol.

Windows Phone is pretty much dead unfortunately. They keep flip flopping between what they see the future of Windows Phone being, they rarely release new phones besides developer flagships like the 950, they have no other manufactures on board, and their app library seems to be even less than before. With more and more apps being essential to business and social media, many don't have options for Windows Phone. The longer this continues, the worse it is for them.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Getting mine tomorrow.. went with a case from a UK company called Tech21
I had one of them for my note 4, first time I put it on the phone went flying out of my hand and on the floor, it did protect the phone but in my personal opinion it was a horrible case to use, added to much bulk to the phone and didn't feel nice in the hand. In my opinion Samsung make the best case for the note 4, very light and perfect fit and has done an excellent job in protecting it during drops.

Laquer Head

I had one of them for my note 4, first time I put it on the phone went flying out of my hand and on the floor, it did protect the phone but in my personal opinion it was a horrible case to use, added to much bulk to the phone and didn't feel nice in the hand. In my opinion Samsung make the best case for the note 4, very light and perfect fit and has done an excellent job in protecting it during drops.

I did go with them based on my 3 years experience with a TEch21 case on my Galaxy S4... I'm definitely taking a chance on this one for the S7 edge, as I know its a completely different phone/fit.

I do agree with you on the Samsung cases! Their S-view case for the Note is awesome, and I might get one for the edge, if the Tech21 case isn't up to the job!

ian

Administrator
Staff member