Price drop on PS3

treddstone

Ive found a reason to buy a PS3, check out this bad boi...
http://www.gamerandy.com/archives/2006/11/mean_lean_ps3_g_1.shtml

LMAO

On the other hand though, is it possible for Microsoft to develop games that would utilize the HD-DVD drive (elite)? I realize that Blu-ray will most likely win the battle between the two, but if games could be formatted to HD-DVD, I would assume a similar capability is possible. I mean, it sounds like its fundamentally possible...now whether they would want to invest the money in something like that....I don't know.

12-Gauge

On the other hand though, is it possible for Microsoft to develop games that would utilize the HD-DVD drive (elite)?

No. Unless Microsoft completely reinvents the Elite to include an integral HD-DVD drive (not gonna happen) HD-DVDs will be used for films only.

jjsevdt

I'm expecting to see a MS drop around november after it's been out for two years. We'll see though.

12-Gauge

I'm expecting to see a MS drop around november after it's been out for two years. We'll see though.

MS were meant to announce a cut today at E3 but didn't. In fact MS were pretty weak at this year's event. All they had to show was a short Halo 3 trailer and a new Halo 3 themed 360 (trust me, it's ghastly). A price cut, even a small one, would have been nice.

jjsevdt

I stayed up and watched it last night and no body even cheered for yet another version of the XBOX. I just didn't like them having to compare their sales figures to the other consoles. O well.

I'm just upset about all the exclusive content they're getting on multiplatform games. I think I'm more upset with Sony for assuming things will work out.

TheOrangeDude

I just got my difference back from EB todays. I was soo pissed after they announce a price drop right after I picked up my ps3. I think Sony probably just hate me lol.

MasterEVC

I still wont get one, not giving a company that dont care about its customers my hard earned money. The price drop only prooves they are not selling cause of the price and even $100 less still is a bit much for a console.

Theres only 3 games on that PoS3 that are remotely interesting:

Resistance, Ninja Gaiden (big mistake making it PS3 only wont sell as good as it could), and Motorstorm (is it?), neither of those 3 are worth spending almost $600 to play ONE game. I'll pass on this.

Grillstation 3 isnt worth the amount they are charging for it, especially with its crappy "library" of games.

12-Gauge

I still wont get one, not giving a company that dont care about its customers my hard earned money.

I'm intrigued, what have Microsoft or Nintendo done to care for their customers which Sony has not done? What do you want them to do, come round and cook you breakfast whilst giving you a foot-rub? Come to think of it, that would be nice...:D.

jedijeff123

I'm intrigued, what have Microsoft or Nintendo done to care for their customers which Sony has not done? What do you want them to do, come round and cook you breakfast whilst giving you a foot-rub? Come to think of it, that would be nice...:D.

bill gates rubbed my feet once......or was that SP2 for XP? same thing, anyways.:D lol

XxSNIPERxX

banned
the playstation 3 is still $1000 here in aus... there is no way in the world thats worth it.. the xbox360 is better and only costs $500 aus and the WII is only $300... and then for some stupid reason u have to spend $120 for a new game.. why are games soo much more expenssive than movies and soundtracks?? i know theres alot more work but their $100 more!! its crazy

MasterEVC

1:

Microsoft admitted a fault in their hardware and extended the 360 warranty for 3 years (or 2, not sure about it, read it on 1up.com)

2:

Microsoft sent out checks to anyone who had their original launch 360 give them the 3 red rings within the first year if they paid to get it fixed. I had to send mine in and paid $110 or something, got a check back for the same amount months later when they announced it.

I havent seen Sony do any of these kind of things. Nintendo on the other hand makes good durable systems, with the exception of my NES, all my old Nintendo systems still work perfectly to this day (SNES, original Game Boy, N64, GBA, GBASP, DS Lite, GameCube)

12-Gauge

I havent seen Sony do any of these kind of things.

Possibly because the failure rate for PS3s is less than 3%.
Besides, you don't honestly think that MS extended the 360 warranty 'out of the goodness of their hearts'? After the number of complaints they got they had no choice.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Besides, you don't honestly think that MS extended the 360 warranty 'out of the goodness of their hearts'? After the number of complaints they got they had no choice.

Lol yeah :D

alot of people are still having problems with them now:D

ghost

^ boy tell me about it, me and 4 (YES 4) of my friends x360 have died all with in 3 months :/ The support they offer is great and sending them back to be fixed went smoothly in all 5 cases but its just a pain in the ass.

jjsevdt

That's what I was worried about when I got my PS3, because I hadn't heard anything about it. Well, low and behold, there are no problems. Perhaps paying a premium is worth the money.

Anyway, I'm not going to play the stupid Mine is better than yours game, but I will agree that sony's holding out on content for the network. Even if it was just movie trailers they could give a few more updates every week. They own how many studios?