Show off your speed

beers

Staff member
Upgraded my decade old Gateway MX6959 with a 7260 AC card.

The new speed test is kind of dicey with upload it seems.

LBGngzr.png

Darren

Staff member
"Dicey"

Hold on to your hats gentlemen.....

We got a new router installed and it seems to alleviate most of the issues we've been having. I think the old router just couldn't handle so many devices. Now it's consistently mediocre rather than ranging from mediocre to terribad.

Darren

Staff member
I hate all of you. My apartment is passable but it can't divy up bandwidth fairly. I'll get 3.5-3.7 megabytes per second on Steam when downloading, but it makes the internet for everyone else grind to a stand still. If I throttle it 3 mBps, it's fine though, even with other people downloading.

When I move back home I'll be getting 12mbps down though, so I guess I'll have to enjoy this for the next month or so.

SpriteMidr

Screenshot_2016-04-11-21-12-16.png

Its what you get for living 50 feet from a field and 20 miles from a town...

Although my neighbour has Fibre but our area only gets it on BT and we are plusnet :-(

spirit

Staff member
Upgraded the network at school over the Easter holidays. Apparently it peaked at 601Mbps down over the holidays. I tried it today and got about 350MBps down on Ethernet and about 120MBps down on Wi-Fi. Upload is only about 20MBps though. The student internet speed is capped to this. ;) Will post the screenshots tomorrow. :)

Laquer Head

Upgraded the network at school over the Easter holidays. Apparently it peaked at 601Mbps down over the holidays. I tried it today and got about 350MBps down on Ethernet and about 120MBps down on Wi-Fi. Upload is only about 20MBps though. The student internet speed is capped to this. ;) Will post the screenshots tomorrow. :)

I hate you

spirit

Staff member
New school network. These are speeds for students, capped (hence slow upload in comparison to download). I hear it peaked at 601MBps on Ethernet when it was being installed.

Ethernet (off-peak):

Wi-Fi (during peak period):

Geoff

VIP Member
New school network. These are speeds for students, capped (hence slow upload in comparison to download). I hear it peaked at 601MBps on Ethernet when it was being installed.

Ethernet (off-peak):

Wi-Fi (during peak period):

If it was capped, it would be on the download as well, no idea why a network team would only limit the upload.

spirit

Staff member
If it was capped, it would be on the download as well, no idea why a network team would only limit the upload.
It's capped on both. Just so happens the upload isn't as good as the download. ;)

If it were uncapped I'd be getting at least double this speed, possibly triple.