*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

Capture-15.png~original

Here's the E5300. Also got a Core 2 Quad Q8300, an i3 3220 and an i7 3770 to bench at some point.

invalid, you spelt computer forum incorrectly. ;)

interesting thought, half the wattage, half the frequency, a quarter of the performance...

Last edited:
invalid, you spelt computer forum incorrectly. ;)

interesting thought, half the wattage, half the frequency, a quarter of the performance...
Yeah I noticed that after I uploaded it. Dammit. :p

Assuming you're comparing it to your i7 4820K, the E5300 also has a quarter of the threads (2 vs 8).

or twice the power per thread? ;)

Yeah that's another way of looking at it.

The E5300 is a pretty weak CPU now. It will be interesting to see what score I get when I bench my i3 3220 a bit later on (today - hopefully). I know the i3 has an extra pair of threads but it'll be interesting to compare nonetheless.

It'll also be interesting to compare the i3 to the Q8300 when I get around to benching to that too. I reckon the i3 will score higher.

Well here's the Q8300 at stock (2.5GHz).

This is with 4GB of DDR2 by the way (forgot to add that to the Notepad description).

i3 and i7 coming later. :)

computerforum.com spelled correctly this time. ;)

Last edited:
i3 3220. Way faster than the E5300 and even faster than the Q8300 (not a great surprise though).

Anyway, OC the Q8300, maybe it'll beat the i3

Can't overclock it. For a start, the Q8300 isn't a great overclocker anyway (Q8xxx Core 2 Quads didn't overclock as well as the Q6xxx and Q9xxx chips did) and secondly, the board doesn't support overclocking - it's only a basic G45 board I believe. Not got aftermarket cooling on it either, only the stock Intel one. And this chip runs quite hot!

Have been testing the kaveri APU today, but I forgot to take a shot of the score...
I wasn't able to reach 5GHz for some reason. But I've got a score for 4.7GHz!
Posting a picture with cpu-z... tomorrow, for the moment I got this:

TOTAL: 11244
4THREADS: 3908
MULTI: 4412
SINGLE: 2924

It could be that I had heat issues when I tried at 4.8GHz. But I don't know if it's true or not since the sensor on the chip doesn't seem to work well. One program says I'm over 100 and the other says that I'm stil 50 off the limit -.-
Will try with extreme watercooling later though.

i3 3220. Way faster than the E5300 and even faster than the Q8300 (not a great surprise though).

And even then, your score should be higher... Pfff, all that bugs in the 4 threaded benchmark are a pain in the ass. The cross-platform version won't have that part included anymore.

oke today i tested the max Multi of my cpu, just by upping the multiplier, so i stayed away from fsb just did 35x133 (4.67ghz) vcore of 1.4 diddent start.
multiplier 34x133 (4.5ghz) no problem.
no other settings where made.

is this oke for a i7 975.

oke today i tested the max Multi of my cpu, just by upping the multiplier, so i stayed away from fsb just did 35x133 (4.67ghz) vcore of 1.4 diddent start.
multiplier 34x133 (4.5ghz) no problem.
no other settings where made.

is this oke for a i7 975.

That's a good overclock you got there! :good:

Back