*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

Okedokey

Haha :p. Anyway, ivy bridge is the strongest in my bench. haswell scores almost the same, but less in multithreaded and a little more in single and 4threaded.
An i7 3770k at the same clock as an i7 2600k would results 1000-1500 points higher.

But that's the point isn't it? Sandys overclock like heros! Id like to see a 3770k at 5.2GHz! That'd take some doing.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
But that's the point isn't it? Sandys overclock like heros! Id like to see a 3770k at 5.2GHz! That'd take some doing.

All sandys got a wall around 5.2-5.8Ghz, mine has a wall on 5.230ghz, I wasn't limited by temps or voltage, just the wall :'(

Ivy is only ~4-5 degrees warmer and doesn't have a wall I think...

Okedokey

Ivys are well known not to OC as well. And if you didn't have a temp barrier, you didn't put enough volts ;)

FuryRosewood

I just posted mine at the XMP profile i have set, which sets me at 3.8 ghz, may go and play with the asus OC tool and run the bench again. Currently only on 16 gigs of ram due to a issue with two sticks, currently crucial is shipping them to michigan...and im in colorado, hoping they get returned to sender so eventually ill recieve em and can put in my last four sticks.

Jiniix

At stock and at an overclocked speed

Stock @ 3.2GHz

TthUCLlD.png

OC'd @ 4.2GHz

tEBw4LlD.png

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz @ 4.2GHz w/ CM Hyper 212 Evo
ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Corsair ValueSelect 4x2GB DDR2-667MHz
AMD HD 5770 1GB Crossfire
Coolermaster HAF 912 w/ CM Scout II Red LED fans
Samsung HD322HJ 320GB/7200rpm
Silver Power SP-SS750M 80+ Silver

This is why I love overclocking. Free performance!

Last edited:
It must be stable if it can run the benchmark all the way through without crashing. Very awesome Jiniix.

sorry not true.
I can run the benchmark at 5.2/ have to try 5.3 also, but at 5.2 its not stable.
I also can run it at 4.5 with vcore of 1.275 but its not prime/linx stable at that vcore.

Jamebonds1

4.7Ghz attempt, just shy of 17k.

BH4.2FinalOC.png

And back to stock i go :)

And now I must try to beat smileman's record :D

What held me back is my first time overclock. For really, my heatsink is not enough for overclock. Heatsink handle 160 watt heat and overclocked CPU is 130 heat, or possible over heatsink's limited.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
At stock and at an overclocked speed

Stock @ 3.2GHz

TthUCLlD.png

OC'd @ 4.2GHz

tEBw4LlD.png

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz @ 4.2GHz w/ CM Hyper 212 Evo
ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Corsair ValueSelect 4x2GB DDR2-667MHz
AMD HD 5770 1GB Crossfire
Coolermaster HAF 912 w/ CM Scout II Red LED fans
Samsung HD322HJ 320GB/7200rpm
Silver Power SP-SS750M 80+ Silver

This is why I love overclocking. Free performance!

Mine arrives soon, then I'll beat you! ;P
Trying at least 5GHz, for the price, I don't mind or it dies :D
Can't you unlock the 4th core?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
And now I must try to beat smileman's record :D

What held me back is my first time overclock. For really, my heatsink is not enough for overclock. Heatsink handle 160 watt heat and overclocked CPU is 130 heat, or possible over heatsink's limited.

You only need a 4.8GHz oc to beat me I think, ivy scores a little better then Sandy.

Jiniix

Mine arrives soon, then I'll beat you! ;P
Trying at least 5GHz, for the price, I don't mind or it dies :D
Can't you unlock the 4th core?

I've looked for the core unlocking feature actually, but I read somewhere that it doesn't appear on M3 motherboards (Mine is M3A32-MVP Deluxe)

Is it really a good overclock? I considered it semi-high, but with room for more. I read that a Phenom II shouldn't be volted beyond 1.55v for 24/7 use, so I gave it a bit of headroom and saw what I could do with 1.45v.
Haven't tried for higher clocks, but the cooling allows it. Priming for 24 hours only raised the CPU temps to 47C (read that AMD chips could measure some wrong temps, so I gave it a 20C headroom).
But I am using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo with 2x Coolermaster Scout II Red LED push-pull fans running at 5v off a molex adapter (The entire machine is dead quiet)
Plenty of cooling available, could set them to the 12v (adapter has 2x5v and 2x12v fan plugs) and use some of the 12v -> 7v adapters I have from my Corsair AF120s.
Whenever I find a really good deal on something, I buy a good stock, because I always end up using it anyway.
Got 10 of the Scout II fans for $3 each, which is cheap, considering they are around $21 normal retail price for one. I've mentioned this a lot, but Denmark is expensive.
Any comments on the max voltage for the chip? Wouldn't mind pushing it further if it can take it.
Side note: It only needs 1.275v for 3.8GHz, which is the same as stock voltage if you reset your BIOS and keep everything stock.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
The silicon used on the phenom chip can handle pretty much voltage (all AMD's actually)
So I'd say 1.6max, 1.7v with good cooling.