The Return of Voyagerfan99's Minecraft Server

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Just to note, in the event that my companion and I are able to procure rare materials from aforementioned, seemingly undiscovered, biomes, I will be making them available to all members of the server, assuming that can be done. For example, if I find a Jungle, I will bring Jungle tree saplings to share with the community and the like.

Happy mining!

Yeah, just put them in a storage chest somewhere.

C4C

Yeah, just put them in a storage chest somewhere.
I will check out the server when I arrive in Aurora this afternoon. Only 4 more hours of driving from Casper.

If the spawn isn't "complete", I might have to make one :) :p

Darren

Staff member
Beers... you seem to have a woolly infestation.

I have claimed a hill in the name of Denther. Looks like I have some catching up to do. I will be farming like crazy, so if you need food, let me know. I've barely got a foothold yet, but once I get going, I should be able to pump out some serious crops.

I'd maybe suggest adding a map mod of some sort, but not sure how easy it would be to get it working for everyone and if it would need to be installed by each person. I think it would. I used to admin a server, but am a bit out of date on the game as it stands now.

Disabling creeper block damage is also doable with a single command line I believe, if we wanted to do that. I personally find them nuisances to structures rather than a challenge. They still damage players, just not blocks.

If I had friends that wanted to play, would I be able to get them whitelisted?

Also, I was getting some pretty annoying lag at times on a wired connection with 25 down and 10 up. *shrug*. Not too bad though, and it wasn't constant.

Last edited:

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I will check out the server when I arrive in Aurora this afternoon. Only 4 more hours of driving from Casper.

If the spawn isn't "complete", I might have to make one :) :p

We have a platform... and a fountain..

It could probably use some additional content around that area :p

I tried putting a chest down but it 'hovers' due to the slabs. I'm going to play around with a little external area with a chest or two. Maybe hollow out a room underneath the Spawn.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Also, I was getting some pretty annoying lag at times on a wired connection with 25 down and 10 up. *shrug*. Not too bad though, and it wasn't constant.

As I said earlier:
I also need to get it a better internet connection, as it is currently going through a Linksys WRT54G flashed with DD-WRT and configured as a wireless client bridge.

Disabling creeper block damage is also doable with a single command line I believe, if we wanted to do that. I personally find them nuisances to structures rather than a challenge. They still damage players, just not blocks.

I agree. I will look into this. Also need to look into keeping items when you die.

I'd maybe suggest adding a map mod of some sort, but not sure how easy it would be to get it working for everyone and if it would need to be installed by each person. I think it would. I used to admin a server, but am a bit out of date on the game as it stands now.

I'd need more than just that suggestion. If you can find a specific one I will look into implementing it.

If I had friends that wanted to play, would I be able to get them whitelisted?

I did it for Origin_Saint's friend, so yes.

Darren

Staff member
I agree. I will look into this. Also need to look into keeping items when you die.

I'd need more than just that suggestion. If you can find a specific one I will look into implementing it.

I did it for Origin_Saint's friend, so yes.

I'll admit, I didn't read the whole thread. :p

Minimap I quite like. If you're an admin you can teleport to your waypoints. Anybody can set waypoints, setup and customize a minimap, and pull up a full sized map. Waypoints appear on your map and in-game, although you can disable this.

http://minecraftsix.com/reis-minimap-mod/

To disable creeper damage, this is what I remember using. Can punch it in the console or even chat if you're an admin I believe. Requires server restart to take effect I think.

/gamerule mobGriefing false

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
And there is a Community Chest room below the stairs at the Spawn point. 4 double chests, pressure plate to close the door behind you. Do we want chests labeled for ease of sorting or just have a mashup?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Expanded it a little bit and added a second pressure plate simply for ease of access. There are some tools and wood in the first chest.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Ya know, if the server crashes you're welcome to post here and tell me :rolleyes:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Yeah I killed it momentarily because of the lag. I implemented some NIC teaming on the ESX host and it seems a lot better now. It's back up.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Critter-proofed the Spawn point. The half-slabs made it a bit tricky, but I think I got it to where it will be safe. Fenced in the grass immediately outside the low wall and dug up the blocks immediately next to the bridge (effectively making the bridge jump-proof for critters; two wide, two deep). ((Or, I suppose we could just flood the area next to it?)) For consistency, I dug out the now-exposed blocks under the bridge and replaced with cobblestone. Placed two more half slabs where I terminated the fence and added two gates with pressure switches on the fountain side. Let me know if there's any issues.

I'm finding the 'retaining pool' to the left of Spawn likes to hold zombies...

voyagerfan99

Staff member
It's all looking quite nice! I like the small community we're building :)

C4C

Found that the only way to get into spawn is jumping the fence using the grassy area on the backside. Permissions also make it so I can't open the community chests.

Was planning on making a little info board at spawn if interested, otherwise I'll just continue on with my journey for now :p

voyagerfan99

Staff member
There shouldn't be any permission issues for the community chests.......

Darren

Staff member
Servers for whatever reason default to having the area right around spawn being protected so only admins can create or destroy blocks. Probably applies to chests as well.

C4C

Hmm.. well I can't seem to open the chests :(

If possible, a light plugin for simple commands like /home and /spawn would be nice.

Last edited: