Very slow

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by Summerman, May 18, 2009.

1. Summerman

Summerman New Member

Hello,

My computer is running very slow and i was wondering is i could do anything to help clean it out or make it go faster i have never run anything to clean it out or defragment it or anything so please help me.

2. spike2me

spike2me New Member

Clean up

Download CCleaner, delete temp files. Open My Computer, right click the C: drive choose Properties/Tools Tab/Defragment Now/Defragment. After that download, install www.malwarebytes.org and run a Full Scan, delete all nasties.

3. m3incorp

m3incorp New Member

Ensure that you have enough memory and that they are performing properly.

4. remixedcat

remixedcat banned

what OS are you running?

5. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish New Member

And what are your current computer specifications?

6. remixedcat

remixedcat banned

Windows Server 2008 X64 enterprise

CPU Manufacturer
    AMD
    Monitor
    LG
    CPU Model
    Phenom 9550 Quad
    Sound Card
    Creative Audigy 2
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-SLI
    Power Supply
    Not defined
    RAM
    2048MB
    Keyboard
    Not defined
    Hard Disk(s)
    500GB
    Mouse
    Not defined
    Gfx Card
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 1GB
    Casing
    Not defined
    Monitor Size
    19"

7. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish New Member

Not you remixedcat! lol Summerman's computer specs

8. remixedcat

remixedcat banned

You quoted me so I'll quote you! LOLz

That's why I thought you meant mine! :p

9. chibicitiberiu

chibicitiberiu New Member

[​IMG]

You should defragment the harddrive like every week, Defraggler can help. If that doesn't fix, use CCleaner to check for errors in registries that cause problems.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  10. Bodaggit23

Bodaggit23 New Member

11. kakarothusain

kakarothusain banned

You should delete all those things from your computer which you think is useless and i am sure that it make speed up your computer but if that does not work then you should incease your ram.[​IMG]

12. Kirara

Kirara New Member

01. Delete All from Directory C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp
    02. Start->Run ketik msconfig and enter. On StartUp please empty All then restart
    03. Then On Your Harddisk Drive click right and properties. choose disk cleaup. choose all then ok. Do it same on another harddisk drive
    04. Start->Programs->Accessories-> System Tools->Defragment. Do it on your another Harddisk Drive either
    05. Use Advanced System Care http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html#. you can download it free. Using that can made your computer more faster. ASC can scan for spyware, defragment, release memory, disk cleanup and much more.
    i hope this useful

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  13. Summerman

Summerman New Member

Ty Kirara i am doing what you reccomended. That iobit product you mentioned is awesome thank you.

14. Kirara

Kirara New Member

You welcome

15. Monolith1200

Monolith1200 New Member

i recomend as many others have that you go to the Piriform website and get Ccleaner and Deffraggler.

16. koncling

koncling New Member

defrag your HardDisk, download CCleaner, download clean up, delet unnecesary program from your PC.

upgrade your RAM....:D

17. Jeanne

Jeanne banned

Why do not you defragment disk?

It is quite useful for your computer. You need to do that immediately and regularly.
    If you have too many files in the computer, it is better once a week.

Good luck.

18. driverdj2000

driverdj2000 New Member

YEP,ccleaner and defraggler should be run weekly.
    also msconfig to prevent pain in the ass programs from starting themselves,
    more ram,virus scan.
    sometimes backing up your files and reinstalling or recovering your o.s. (although time consuming) can be a good option if u want a fresh start.

19. Jeanne

Jeanne banned

Of course, you can.

Just follow the steps below:

In fact, almost the temporary files are restored in the C:/Docucments and Settings/Users’ name, you can remove them as follows:

1. Open C: /Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Cookies, delete all the files, because it restores the left index files when visiting websites.

2. In the C: /Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Local Settings/History, delete the files since they belong to history record.

3. In the C: /WINDOWS/Temp, remove all these temporary files.

4. In the C:/Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Local Settings/Temp, remove such user’s temporary visiting files.

5. Open C:/Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files, delete all the page files.

6. In the C:/Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Recent folder, you can delete all these shortcuts of recent browsed files.

7. In the C: /WINDOWS/Software Distribution/download, get rid of all the temporary files when downloading.

8. In the C: /WINDOWS/Driver Cache/386, delete all the compressed files.

And then, you can clean regsitry. Well I turn to a third-party tool rather than do that by myself.
    Go to this article, find more methods: http://ezinearticles.com/?Fix-Slow-PC---How-to-Speed-Up-PC-As-Fast-As-Possible&id=3704332

20. Cams

Cams New Member