What are you currently playing?

Aastii

VIP Member
Mafia 2, it is such an excellent game. I would say if you like GTA, you would like this, but honestly I found it much, much different to GTA because things are slightly more realistic.

For instance, they don't go for random cheap humour on the radio or with people in the sterets, people that you do missions for aren't all eccentric, they are professionals and what they ask you to do and how to do it actually make sense, guns don't need 6 or 7 headshots to kill certain people, a well placed shot will take them down in one, where as 3 or 4 limb shots will make them fall.

Graphically, it is very, very pretty, and it is a game where Physx makes a huge difference, from simple things like cloth movements to wood splinters and explosions. It is an example of how Physx should be used. It isn't just a gimmick, because of what it brings it makes it even more fun.

The story is very very good, which is refreshing for a Rockstar game where it is usually so far fetched, full of stupid characters and where you can guess what is going to happen 3 or 4 missions before it happens.

The crime system too is exceptional compared to GTA. Police aren't psychic, if they or someone else don't see you commit a crime, or if you get out of there before the police arrive, they don't come after you. You may get wanted, and until you change your clothes or a certain amount of time passes, if they see you and recognise you, they will begin to come after you

I've not tried mods yet, but from what I have heard there is a strong mod community, so that should hopefully keep things fun for a lot longer after the game itself.

On a side note, I've been playing LoL too, which is a lot of fun with friends. Did anyone else watch the Riot vs IGN game last night that was streamed? Pendragon is a beast :p

bm23

tried a bit of crysis 2. quite good i guess. i was surprised that my rig could max it out. im running a core i7 2.93ghz, 4gb ram and a 9600gt (yeah, it's old, i know :D). Im only running it on 1280x1024 though. highest my screen would go.
I still prefer the gameplay of killzone 3. i really like the weighty feel of the movement, very realistic and the weapons are so much fun :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mafia 2, it is such an excellent game.

Yeah Mafia 2 is an awesome game,I enjoyed playing it so much...although the DLC was so disappointing in my opinion,Stupid timers...stupid missions that are repetitive...i was expecting in the DLC extra missions that carry on the vito scaletta story but no.....:mad:

I just hope there will be a Mafia 3.

I'm playing BFBCII still and anxiously awaiting BF3... I would play other MMOG but they seem to take more time than I have at the moment.

I'm still on BC2 too,Although i am starting to get a bit bored with it now,
It would be nice if they could squeeze in an extra map pack or something before BF3 comes out just to tie us over,Surely they have more Maps out there that did not make it into the game!:p

Aastii

VIP Member
I've heard nothing but bad things about the Mafia 2 DLC, glad I didn't get it when it was just over a quid on Steam sales, would have been a huge waste.

I'm currently playing League of Legends and Bioshock mainly.

It is the first time I've played Bioshock and been able to play it properly. Previously, it always freaked me out so much I never got past the medical ward part, but I am loving it so much

lucasbytegenius

Archetype. Getting really good. Changed the gyroscope sensitivity to high and now it's like...Bullets? Pffft...Watch me dodge them and IMPALE YOU WITH A GIANT AXE!!! and Watch out for that...MISSILE!!

Even some of the pros are getting confused by my rapid turn-arounds, it's sad :(

:D

Dark Presh

I'm playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's an excellent RPG with a pen a paper element (loads of different stats like charisma and dexterity). Look it up, awesome game!

mihir

VIP Member
Mafia ii was amazing the graphics and everything.But it was pretty short or the awesomeness of the game made it seem short. But you cant compare it to gta both are a bit different.I play gta to blow steam off and play mafia if I want some quality gaming.I too loved the police system.I also modded mafia a bit and loved it.I like the shooting in mafia.anyways can someone tell me if I did not like crysis would I like bioshock2 I found the opening a bit dull so wanted to know whether I should continue or not.also how is killzone never played it.I don't like games like bfbc2 or cod or crysis but like games like mafia hitman and gta and batman aa.

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

Mafia ii was amazing the graphics and everything.But it was pretty short or the awesomeness of the game made it seem short. But you cant compare it to gta both are a bit different.I play gta to blow steam off and play mafia if I want some quality gaming.I too loved the police system.I also modded mafia a bit and loved it.I like the shooting in mafia.anyways can someone tell me if I did not like crysis would I like bioshock2 I found the opening a bit dull so wanted to know whether I should continue or not.also how is killzone never played it.I don't like games like bfbc2 or cod or crysis but like games like mafia hitman and gta and batman aa.

i think bioshock is a very aquired taste, i dont think you can really go off wether you liked crysis or not as its just immensley different.

i personally hated both bioshocks and would rather eat myself than have a look at the new one there bringing out, that doesnt mean you will like it or not like it but its somehting to take into consideration.

i have friends that think its amazing and bought both on day of release, i would suggest buying it cheap if your getting it for pc or renting if your going console

(the reason i didnt like it is because it feels really sluggish imo, and it was just a really slow starting game, that said the graphics are amazing)

Turbo10

bit of wow bit of sins of a solar empire, bit of supreme commander forged alliance bit of this bit of that :p

SuperDuperMe

started playing WaW again :D, nearly finished it, got blazing angels 2 today for a fiver but it sucks without a flight stick and i cant afford one yet

salvage-this

Starcraft 2 mostly. I'm close to getting out of the Bronze league (finally) I am also playing BFBC2 now that I do not get BSODs whenever I play it. Anxiously awaiting BF3.