What do you expect from windows 7

Dropkickmurphys

Don't get hyped up on the name. Vista was going to be Longhorn. They are liable to change the name at the last second. Starting fresh is bad design. They will once again put some addons to NT and some fancy graphics and that will be that.

i find this funny, Vistas CODENAME was Longhorn.... Not the OS. They do this to keep the real name of the OS hidden for as long as possible.

atm, im wondering if Windows 7 and whatever the first one was are both different codenames, or one may be the OS name.

cohen

i find this funny, Vistas CODENAME was Longhorn.... Not the OS. They do this to keep the real name of the OS hidden for as long as possible.

atm, im wondering if Windows 7 and whatever the first one was are both different codenames, or one may be the OS name.

well the codename for this is blackcomb! :):cool:

mac550

windows Vienna the next one from vista (2010)
??? 2010, sorry but it took microsoft 7 years to make vista and it's a pile of crap, what makes them think that they will get a new OS out by 2010?

Last edited:

KevinKevin

Windows 7? That preview shot looks like Vista updated. They totally need to re-vamp windows. Make something unique. Something that hasn't been tried before. If it's going to be a copy of Vista but just updated with no faults, what's the point in buying it when Vista runs great for me.

Ethan3.14159

??? 2010, sorry but it took microsoft 7 years to make vista and it's a pile of crap, what makes them think that they will get a new OS out by 2010?

people said the same thing about xp when it first came out for the same reasons people say vista is a pile of crap. slow, insecure, too demanding for current pc's. just give vista some time and people will be singing its praises (maybe) in a year or so.

As to windows (nt build version) 7. I hope the kernel wont be as bloated as vista and xp were. One of microsoft's engineers did a minimalist demonstration of windows 7 and it looks promising, but you never know i guess we'll have to see what microsoft comes up with, and how much they'll bump up the cost.

Intel_man

VIP Member
^^ No, Vista will still be a lump of crap and the only way I can see people buying it is when microsoft discontinues support for XP.

Irishwhistle

I'm doubting there's gonna be a new theme as the theme that was going to be saved till Windows 7 came out early in Vista. I also read in the news that MS is gonna try and stay away from transparency...

Oh yeah, it's gonna have multi touch! :D At least that's what it says in the news that Bill Gates said.

Last edited:

Rix

First off,

Windows 7 has been in production since 2001, the year windows xp came out

Vista was just a way to keep Microsoft in the game against apple.

Vista works efficiently when it ran on the recommended specs, People trying to run Vista home premium on a Amd Sempron 3300+ with 512mb of ram, the version of vista designed for you pc is VISTA BASIC, Vista is and always will be designed for modern computers, it was a move taken by Microsoft to get people to upgrade their computers to stop people living in the stone age and complaining of the lack of support from the new software.

For people who don't have new computers Xp is a dream o/s, for others Vista works fine, If you don't like either ever tried linux? its all open source and it has endless features if you know how to use it right.

cohen

First off,

Windows 7 has been in production since 2001, the year windows xp came out

Vista was just a way to keep Microsoft in the game against apple.

Vista works efficiently when it ran on the recommended specs, People trying to run Vista home premium on a Amd Sempron 3300+ with 512mb of ram, the version of vista designed for you pc is VISTA BASIC, Vista is and always will be designed for modern computers, it was a move taken by Microsoft to get people to upgrade their computers to stop people living in the stone age and complaining of the lack of support from the new software.

For people who don't have new computers Xp is a dream o/s, for others Vista works fine, If you don't like either ever tried linux? its all open source and it has endless features if you know how to use it right.

richard, i totally agree with you, post more often, i'll get you on MSN!

Rix

Lol don't call me Richard... it might be my realname but i hate it hence why i use Rix:p

But thanks for your kudos

God

Hmm, I hope the taskbar is in a different place, I hate it at the bottom, regardless that you can change where it goes..

Rix

Windows Vista was just a bridge, to keep them in the game.... Windows 7 should put microsoft infront with flying colours but only time will tell if this is the fate

I can't wait until windows 7. I hope to see regular versions supporting 8-16 gb's of ram, and windows incorporating things like stealth mode into the os itself. Having the ability to down clock your own laptop, like you can with the m15x' bios, would be great to have in all computers.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
No reason. They have so much money at their disposal, they can waste a few thousand nails on their coffin just to pass time and still have enough money to buy out California and several smaller countries in Europe, before they have a reason to get worried.

claytonr1973

Umm, I just hope it works. I could care less about this new or that, I just want something that works. Something that doesn't require lots of ram or processor power. I've always said that I could never give my money to a company like Apple but Microsoft may force me.