What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was using IE just a few days back but i keep having problems with 2 pages loading at the same time and its just useless:D

I use the latest version of Firefox now and its fast,Reliable and more secure.

SirKenin

banned
Firefox is in the majority here because people visiting computer forums tend to be a little more clued up on computer security than those e.g. browsing MySpace. If there was a poll on MySpace (continuing that as an example), IE would easily dominate. :eek:

I don't think so...

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

With the advent of IE7, and the fact that most dodgy websites are forced to code around their security, Firefox is now every bit as much susceptible to the new threats as IE is... Firefox is pretty much relegated to fanboyism and rebellion.

loque

I don't think so...
Oh I agree, Firefox is not the Holy Grail that some people claim that it is. Firefox has had several serious vulnerabilities just like IE has. That said though, Firefox is generally more secure mainly due to policy. For example, no ActiveX (by default anyway), no default rendering of esoteric MS technologies like WMF and VML (both of which have had vulnerabilities), and so on.

I would say quicker patching too, but MS has been reasonably quick on the VML vulnerability so I won't hold that against them. :)

I don't consider myself a fanboy nor a rebel though, I just like Firefox for the various features that aren't in IE: Adblock Plus, JavaScript whitelisting, drop-down RSS feeds. That said, I still use Links and Dillo too.

On the technology site digg, 76% of people there are using Firefox, so the type of site does affect browser distribution it seems.

4W4K3

VIP Member
The college computers have Firefox installed, and it's the default browser I believe. First school I've ever been to that had it installed :)

SirKenin

banned
It makes you wonder how a braindead institution can teach children to be anything but braindead...

hahaha. Had to say it.. Sorry.. *snicker* :D

Dylan_

banned
I use IE 6 at the moment but I will be switching to FireFox soon...Or maybe Opera. FireFox should be good cause of the tabbed browsing and the add-ons. What sucks is my school only has IE! So when I go to school I will have to remember all the shortcuts for IE.... FireFox also seems better as more people use it, add-ons/extensions etc. What is the difference between Mozilla and FireFox? I think FireFox WILL be better! If anyone has some good add-ons that I should download e-mail me a link or the name of it to hilltopgangsta (at) gmail (dot) com

When is IE 7 coming out? I might give it a try someday......

This thread could go on for ages...I think it should! Because we need to know what browseres people use. I also think when a new browser comes out of beta it should be added to the poll. What do you think? :confused: And this poll should be multi-choice because when I have multiple browsers I will use different browsers for different sites...

Dylan_

banned
I use FireFox as of.......5 minutes ago! LOL Yeah it's good...I got it with PC Authority magazine on th free DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.