why is my Win7 Subscore so low?

claptonman

I'm not gonna get into the AMD/Intel argument, but...

I compared my system with my friend's 2500k and a 560ti (So same price, mine has less CPU, his has less GPU power) and my system had better framerates. Yes, right now, the upgradibility is bad, but I am happy. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

87dtna

With what game(s)?

A 2500k typically yields 10-50 FPS better in most games (VS am3 quad of the same clockspeed) if the GPU isn't the bottleneck....comparing to a PC with a different GPU is no comparison at all.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=102

And on top of that, load power consumption is 50 watts less than a 965be.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Same rate? What are you smoking?

Consumes more power? Intel consumes less power and pwns AMD across the board on everything.

You are delusional.

Looks pretty damn lopsided to me, sometimes taking less than half the time to do a task-

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/363?vs=83

I'll make the comment I've made many times before, unless you've tried it you can't critisize it. If you've never owned sandy bridge, you have no a clue what you are missing. EVERYTHING is faster, down to the milliseconds that actually make a difference like things like opening an internet window and loading to the home page. With AMD, even with a hex core at 4ghz which I've owned, and even with the same SSD I have now, there's a slight delay. With intel, it's instant. Like I said, milliseconds of difference but it's just one example of hundreds. Maps load faster on intel with games as well.

And so what if you don't do these things everyday! If I compress a 300mb file I'd rather it take 1 minute instead of 2.

So, if you don't care about waiting those extra few seconds or minutes to do stuff, good for you. But they all add up. But don't for one second think that your mighty 3 core AMD does everything ''at the same rate'' as a sandy bridge quad. Thats just nonsense and like I said, delusional.

Because my 720 + 560Ti consumes more power than a 2600k @ 5.1 and 3 GTX 580's? If I had quoted your system, you would have a point, but guess what, I didn't.

I don't own, never have owned a SandyBridge chip, that isn't to say I haven't built systems with them or used them and they are very nice, yes, but no difference in performance. Spending ~£150 for a CPU + Mobo rather than doubling that and getting the same performance, or even a second here and there, isn't worth it at all. If I was on a £150 a second wage, I would take it, but no.

And you want to know how often I ever compress or decompress files? Maybe once or twice a month, tops. That is 1 minute out of 44640 saved for that month. I can see the appeal now.

You are speaking as though you are the only person who has ever graced the planet to use the systems you talk about when no, you aren't. I'm not pulling stuff out of the other end, quoting benches, saying what other people have said, I am talking from experience. For (Let me make this bit clearer for you) MY USES, the system I have performs as well as one that costs twice as much.

Sitting here playing CoD4, MW2, MW3, WaW, BF2, BF3, Skyrim, Portal, TF, Fifa, Empire, Rome & Shogun Total War, CoH, L4D, SC2, LoL, HoN, all of them, max settings, full AA, highest res my monitor will run, 60+fps. So you know what, you can quote stuff as much as you like, you saying "Spend twice as much, you will save 2 seconds here and there!!" is what is delusional. So what you say that on paper they are faster, irl, no difference at all, and this is me using systems running 2600k's + 2 580's compared to my humble 720 + 560Ti.

You want to get down to it, fine, feel better because your system will do better than mine when you are looking at numbers, but I would rather use my computer than look at numbers on a synthetic benchmark. What you said about load times, well that too is just dandy, you get to sit there waiting for the map on a game to start whilst I wait for it to load, and still get in before the game actually starts. Let's go back to the car analogy, you can spend an extra 200k on a car that has a top speed of 200MPH, but when will you be able to actually use that on the roads?

If on single player, I don't play enough SP games for it to be an issue and even then you are talking an absolute max of 15-20 secs load time in every game. Bare in mind too that 99% of games have cutscenes during the load sequence, so that still isn't any time lost. If you load in in 10 seconds, but have a minute of cutscenes and I load in in 30, I still have that 30 seconds of cutscene to watch.

Let us sumarise then:

1. No game performance
2. No load performance for games,because you too have to wait
3. No significant performance outside of games (1-2 seconds is not enough given the extra cost)
4. Lower benchmark scores, but who the hell cares unless you are having an epeen measuring contest?

I'm out of this thread now because it is obvious that things aren't quite sinking in that there is a difference between people's uses and that my uses are different to yours and that my system will do every single thing to perfection as well as yours does. Yes, I will continue to upgrade as games and programs get more demanding, but I am not going to spend over the odds to see not a single bit of performance gain

jonnyp11

Really this thread is just so far off topic and turning in to a huge argument, supprised it hasn't been locked yet

87dtna

I guess I have to quote this again

So with the computer doing everything that a "lesser" system would, at just the same rate, makes you feel better because you can look at the computer and know that it cost more and consumes more power?

When you say everything, that kinda implies more than just YOUR uses. So be as clear as you want in your current post I was simply replying to your previous post with the bogus claim.

Spesh

Aastii, you'll have top forgive me for thinking it's ok to come onto a computer forum and talk about high spec computer parts. Don't know what I was thinking.

claptonman

Aastii, you'll have top forgive me for thinking it's ok to come onto a computer forum and talk about high spec computer parts. Don't know what I was thinking.

But the difference is that everyone is basically insulting his system, saying its worthless.

@87 We tested a lot of games, BF3, different CoD games, Skyrim, borderlands, and a few other ones. And we did it in the way where we had another 3rd person load up the game on the computer and not show us which system was plugged into the monitor. We at least tried to get all variables out of the way. And every time, I preferred my system over his.

Spesh

But the difference is that everyone is basically insulting his system, saying its worthless.

@87 We tested a lot of games, BF3, different CoD games, Skyrim, borderlands, and a few other ones. And we did it in the way where we had another 3rd person load up the game on the computer and not show us which system was plugged into the monitor. We at least tried to get all variables out of the way. And every time, I preferred my system over his.

I never insulted his system. He was the one that jumped into the thread telling everyone they had wasted their money on performance rigs. The simple fact is, I have a desktop area of 4960x1600, so I need a powerful system to run the resolution adequately.

xxmorpheus

I never insulted his system. He was the one that jumped into the thread telling everyone they had wasted their money on performance rigs. The simple fact is, I have a desktop area of 4960x1600, so I need a powerful system to run the resolution adequately.

+1000.

I dont care if anyone feels like i wasted money. Who the hell cares? Its my money lol, if i feel like blowing part of a well earned paycheck on a expensive computer part, so be it. Its like you have to be "PC buying politically correct" around here with your money.

87dtna

I'm not gonna get into the AMD/Intel argument, but...

I compared my system with my friend's 2500k and a 560ti (So same price, mine has less CPU, his has less GPU power) and my system had better framerates. Yes, right now, the upgradibility is bad, but I am happy. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/306?vs=330

The 570 beats up the 560 Ti pretty good in raw GPU power. Like I said, not a good comparison at all.

Okedokey

Once you've had 2560x1600 it's simply horrible going back to anything smaller.

@ Aastii, I don't mean any disrespect, but you're obviously not an enthusiast. However, as a moderator on a computer forum, I would expect you to have some degree of tolerance towards those that are.

^+1

Gaming is always better on higher resolutions. 17" is just rubbish - go the 90's :eek:

I reckon pcs are a system, you purchase the best system you can for what you need. Doesn't mean though, that a better system is as good as a shit system simply because the owner of a shit system meets his/her needs.

Okedokey

No way guys... my c*** is bigger... grow up..

Huh? This is a computer forum mate, where we discuss things. If it makes you 'uncomfortable' may be unsubscribe. :eek:

Assatti is a mature and big enough guy to defend his own views from my experience.

Laquer Head

Huh? This is a computer forum mate, where we discuss things. If it makes you 'uncomfortable' may be unsubscribe. :eek:

Assatti is a mature and big enough guy to defend his own views from my experience.

You've proven yourself to say dumb things time and time again, therefore I choose not to take your advice~