World of warcraft.

Xycron

banned
Some people get physically addicted to games, Well sort of, not relalt I geuss, but they can get so metally addicted they can go though physical withdrawel symptom's, This is in extreame cases ussaly resulting in 35year old guys living in the moms basement with no job.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hah.. if that is what you meant, I disagree very very much.

You might need mental help if you believe that WOW can enter your blood stream and cause a dependency. I'm sure that you perhaps meant that It could cause physical strain caused by hours of game play? or something similar? :p. If so then Not the same thing sorry. A physical addiction would be when your body becomes accustomed to having foreign substances and then you suffer the withdrawl effects when it is no longer introduced such as vomiting,shaking etc.

Sooooo before you disagree with my comment think seriously about it first.

Some people get physically addicted to games, Well sort of, not relalt I geuss, but they can get so metally addicted they can go though physical withdrawel symptom's, This is in extreame cases ussaly resulting in 35year old guys living in the moms basement with no job.

Edit:

That is very interesting. Could you point me to that health article?

Last edited:

Xycron

banned
I'll try and find one tomorrow....**Post's a sticky note to miniter, which is my new thing, because of things like this where I forgot and then make myself look like an idoit :p** because I'm off to bed in a couple minites.

Its not like a real full on phychical addiction but it sort of is, I dont know how to explain it, you'll see when I find one of the artcle's I think I may have read it in a magazine...If I did I'll scan it.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Lamilia said:
yes every MMORPG (except guild wars) has a monthly fee. FFXI totally sucks and WoW is addicting and fun. If you want to know why I think FFXI sucks PM me and I will explain.

Yeah, I have Guild Wars, not WOW. I have an Elementalist that I've spent about 130 hours or so on (and I more or less am just streaking through the game, not really stopping to smell the roses as it were...), and am about 70% percent of the way through or so... I have a friend with a Warrior who has spent about 200 hours on that character and is only about 50% of the way done. One major difference from WOW is that GW caps the level at 20. May sound low, but this game stresses smaller increments that has a much larger impact (think opposite of Diablo 2 :)). Plus they still have weekly patches and updates/upgrades, and have had one free expansion pack as well! Questions about GW? PM me!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'll try and find one tomorrow....**Post's a sticky note to miniter, which is my new thing, because of things like this where I forgot and then make myself look like an idoit ** because I'm off to bed in a couple minites.

Its not like a real full on phychical addiction but it sort of is, I dont know how to explain it, you'll see when I find one of the artcle's I think I may have read it in a magazine...If I did I'll scan it.

Reason why I ask is because I already question the source (of the article). I'm thinking perhaps what you read however possibly (guessing) was telling of how some became so mentally addicted that they felt physically the withdrawal symptoms (not physically addicted). Some reasons why someone might physically feel withdrawal symptoms to something like a video game would be because they "think" they should. Never underestimate the power of the mind. We can bring on physical symptoms to illnesses we don't posses simply by believing we are sick. I stand by my argument however that you cannot physically become addicted to video games. Some may have experienced physical withdrawal (very weak minds) but it is not because of physical addiction. A video game cannot become a foreign substance that can enter your body and cause a dependency. There would be other explanations if someone felt a physical withdrawal.

SAD_DC

OMG i havent showered in 3 days, havent went outside at all omg i think i might die here in this chair..been on WoW most of the time....

my room smells like a wet cigarette
omg i need a shower lol...
i hate this game
but i love it...
some 1 help me!!!!! lol

Geoff

VIP Member
SAD_DC said:
OMG i havent showered in 3 days, havent went outside at all omg i think i might die here in this chair..been on WoW most of the time....

i hate this game
but i love it...
some 1 help me!!!!! lol
Thats disgusting, you really need to get a life.

skidude

SAD_DC said:

i hate this game
but i love it...
some 1 help me!!!!! lol

I hope to god you are joking. WoW is the worst game ever. I thought EverQuest was bad..... man I was wrong. A worthless wate of time, money, your life, and appearently your hygeine. Really, I love CSS, but if I ever get to love it as much as a WoW'er loves WoW, then I give you all permission to give me a hard kick in the balls.

3 things that should be illegal in this country:

Cigarettes
Steroids
World Of Warcraft

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
skidude said:
I hope to god you are joking. WoW is the worst game ever. I thought EverQuest was bad..... man I was wrong. A worthless wate of time, money, your life, and appearently your hygeine. Really, I love CSS, but if I ever get to love it as much as a WoW'er loves WoW, then I give you all permission to give me a hard kick in the balls.

3 things that should be illegal in this country:

Cigarettes
Steroids
World Of Warcraft

hehe.. It is very obvious that he where being sarcastic. Which by the way well done!

Geoff

VIP Member
SAD_DC said:
ll guys guys guys its a joke lol damn....
thats a relief, it sounded like you were serious. But i bet there are real people out there that are like that.

skidude

Blue said:
hehe.. It is very obvious that he where being sarcastic. Which by the way well done!

I've seen people who are like that in real life playing at Area 51, they weigh about the same as a semi and smell really bad.

Geoff

VIP Member
skidude said:
I've seen people who are like that in real life playing at Area 51, they weigh about the same as a semi and smell really bad.
let me guess, the people that play in the WoW section? lol

Jon Boy

It WAY too addictive. My friends brother. Would get up at 12 play solidly for 20 hours untill 8 in themorning next day. Catch 4 hours sleep then start again. The only breaks he would have are to go to toilet and a snack break lol.

Beyond

i never liked rpgs. i never liked mmorpgs.

the first game i played that was similar to an mmorpg was guild wars. it was okay, but then i play world of warcraft, and.......

..i don't like it. it feels like too much of a task to me. to me quests feel like work.. it can be so hard to find where you're supposed to go or what you're looking for. i guess guild wars' arrows spoiled me :confused:

also, from what i've seen so far it doesn't look like WoW has any kind of story.. i liked how GW did....

Beyond

skidude said:
Guild Wars is an MMORPG ;)

i read on ign where they didn't consider themselves to be an mmorpg because you didn't have to pay, or something like that..

edit: however, i do agree it may as well be considered one. the only thing that would arguably make it not is how you get your "own copy of the world" with certain areas

Last edited:

lilyve

hi ,you are the games players ,right? if you are i think you want to focus on this essay .i think if you want to play the game well ,you must have good arms ,right ? so if you want to buy the gold ,one way you can buy the gold to buy the arms .so i think one place can supply good service and they deliver the gold fast ,so from my need gold i always buy it from them .many players says : the website is playerturbo. you can go into have a try!!!!!!bye

network games:WOW gold ; Lineage 2 ; Ragnarok Online zeny ; ROSE online zuly; FFXI ; DAoC ; EQ2 ; Guild Wars ; Eve online ; Matrix and so on or Power Leveling.

you also can contact them via:
AIM:gilssales
Yahoo: sellgilstoyou
Msn:[email protected]
http://www.playerturbo.com