Would you get the new FX Cpu's

Would you buy one

• yes

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters

unknownm

Simple question. There not that fast compared to the conroe and use way more Watts + space on your case so my vote is no

skidude

[-0MEGA-];553435 said:
I wouldn't, right now the Core 2 Duo is still the best performance for the money.

Agreed. If I could go back to when I updated my mobo, I woulda went socket 775 and bought a Core 2.

BTW Omega, why did u get rid of your C2D and 8800!!?!?!?!??!??! :eek:

mrjack

VIP Member
Agreed. If I could go back to when I updated my mobo, I woulda went socket 775 and bought a Core 2.

BTW Omega, why did u get rid of your C2D and 8800!!?!?!?!??!??! :eek:

He mentioned earlier that there was no use having a 1500$ computer.

nffc10

[-0MEGA-];556674 said:
Why? The Core 2 Quad QX6700 outperforms dual FX-74's at 3Ghz in practically every benchmark.

It isn't the benchmarks that would make me buy one, it is the fact that i have had AMD processors in my last 3 computers and had no problems. It is just my preference, i have had no problem with them in the past so why change?

maroon1

It is just my preference, i have had no problem with them in the past so why change?

And you will not have any problem if you buy intel core 2

Intel core 2 outperforms AMD by far, It consume less power than AMD and it it runs cooler. So, there is no reason for anyone to buy a CPU other than intel.

Geoff

VIP Member
It isn't the benchmarks that would make me buy one, it is the fact that i have had AMD processors in my last 3 computers and had no problems. It is just my preference, i have had no problem with them in the past so why change?
People dont have problems with Intel either.

So you're saying that you would want to buy two processors, a dual-socket motherboard, and 4x RAM modules, which would cost alot more money, then a cheaper, better performing Intel Core 2 system?