£400 budget, Help me choose a laptop please

salman

Hey guys our family computer is dieing, keeps blue screening- i think it might be the RAM but the computer is around 5-6 years old and runs on an old AMD Sempron that maxes out at a 100% when watching youtube videos so its time for an upgrade.

Could anyone help me choose a laptop? It would probably never leave the house so battery life isn't majorly important. Would like at least a 15inch screen. It's gonna be used by the whole family for general stuff mainly internet, I want it to be powerful enough to play high definition videos from youtube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I deffo want Windows 7 on this laptop.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Theres also this which looks a good deal.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/189888

I have a ASUS laptop,the X58L series,Its build quality is realy good,battery lasts for ages and its quite a nippy system.

Although i didnt use it much,Now the parents and sis use it :)

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Their Laptops are actualy okay,Id never buy one of their Desktops though.

salman

Nahh I don't think Dell is as bad as people make them out to be. So far the HP one is still looking the best specification wise. Plus it looks quite nice to look at =P

Thanks for all the help guys!

FuryRosewood

yea...dont quite get the dell bashing party...must be like the popular thing for enthuasiasts to do...dont understand it, they make a good product, will steer away from HP tho, but the toshiba does look promising....just the asus laptops have 4 gig of ram...so you can either have more processor, or more ram...tradeoffs...