€900-1150 Computer build

dragonair9

Hey guys!

I wanna know a good computer build between the prices €900-1150 (could go higher but I would rather have it be a low price.). I already made a build but I'm not sure if it's any good.

Last thing, it's a Dutch website because it's cheaper than amazon, so sorry if you're not able to navigate it.

Intel Core i5 4670K / 3.4 GHz

Corsair Vengeance
8Gb 2x4 GB DDR3 1866 MHz

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adap
Wireless apdapter(needed)

WD Blue WD10EZEX
1 TB - intern - 3.5" - SATA-600 - 7200 tpm -buffer: 64 MB

Zalman Z11 Plus
Case

Corsair CX Series Modular CX600M
Battery

ASUS DRW 24F1ST
DVD-Burner

Samsung 840 EVO Basic
120 GB - intern - 2.5'' - SATA-600 - 256 MB cache

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

MSI GTX 770 Gaming
2 GB GDDR5

This costs €996,31 in total. Like I said, i'm not sure if this is the optimal build for €900-1150 so if you have anything better please do tell me.
It's a gaming pc and I wanna use it to run servers and stuff(minecraft, even though im most likely not going to play it)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Jiniix

That's actually a very solid build. I would add a CPU cooler and do some overclocking.
A lot of people seem to like Zalman cases, but the cooling setup seems inefficient to me. A Define R4 from Fractal Desing (albeit a much different design) has 2x140mm front intakes instead of 1x140mm

dragonair9

That's actually a very solid build. I would add a CPU cooler and do some overclocking.
A lot of people seem to like Zalman cases, but the cooling setup seems inefficient to me. A Define R4 from Fractal Desing (albeit a much different design) has 2x140mm front intakes instead of 1x140mm
Thx for response, but i'm not planning to overclock. since i'm scared that my components their life span are going to lessen. (sorry if I didn't use correct english :p)

Jiniix

Nps. Then you can save a few €€€ by downgrading the CPU to a non-K edition and getting an H87 board.
The K on the CPU name only means it'll overclock, and you are paying for that. The Z on Z87 means that it can overclock, as opposed to H87. Again, you are paying for that :)
Use the money saved to buy a CPU cooler. The stock ones that comes with the CPU are rubbish.

Grabbing links for what I would suggest.
Edit: Nevermind. There's like €4 price difference between non-K and K. Also didn't find an acceptable motherboard below the Z87-G45 Gaming. And then you always have to option to overclock.
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo: €28 will greatly reduce noise level and temperature on the CPU.
I had to build a PC at work. Used a non-overclocked CPU from the previous Intel generation. During stress test in a well-ventilated case (An Antec case with added fans etc) the CPU would go above 85C, thus failing our test.
I added one of these coolers and it never broke 65C, while being quieter :)

Last edited:

dragonair9

Nps. Then you can save a few €€€ by downgrading the CPU to a non-K edition and getting an H87 board.
The K on the CPU name only means it'll overclock, and you are paying for that. The Z on Z87 means that it can overclock, as opposed to H87. Again, you are paying for that :)
Use the money saved to buy a CPU cooler. The stock ones that comes with the CPU are rubbish.

Grabbing links for what I would suggest.
Edit: Nevermind. There's like €4 price difference between non-K and K. Also didn't find an acceptable motherboard below the Z87-G45 Gaming. And then you always have to option to overclock.
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo: €28 will greatly reduce noise level and temperature on the CPU.
I had to build a PC at work. Used a non-overclocked CPU from the previous Intel generation. During stress test in a well-ventilated case (An Antec case with added fans etc) the CPU would go above 85C, thus failing our test.
I added one of these coolers and it never broke 65C, while being quieter :)
One thing, the cooling glue is included, isn't it? but anyway thx for the help.