0x00000015 stop error message?

Jamin43

banned
I wasn't quite sure where to post this message - as I'm not sure where it belongs.

Today, my Printer hasn't been scanning documents via my MFC 7420 printer. It works fine to print - and the scanner works fine for copying - but I'm having troubles scanning it to my PC.
* I tried scan button and it never connects to my PC
* I then tried scanning via the software on my PC - and I got one scan to work - and then the next scan gave me an error message.

Operation could not be completed ( error 0x00000015 ). This device is not ready?

Does anybody know where I should be looking to resolve this issue? I'm wondering if it wasn't caused by a recent Windows 7 RC update since it just came out of the blue.

One other thing - Earlier today - while I first noticed this problem - I rebooted my PC to try and fix it. When the PC was restartign - I got to the Sign in menu for Windows - and then I got stuck in the perpetual loading symbol. After repeating this experiecne twice - I safe mode started - reset to the last restore point - and was able to log in again fine. I've updated Windows to most current since then ( 7 updates )

Thanks

Last edited:

Jamin43

banned
I also wanted to add one more piece of additional info I've noticed today - that is also new.

I'm getting a message that periodically pops up that says jucheck.exe wants to make changes to your PC - do you want to allow it. I've seen the message box 3 times today - and al 3 times I've clicked no.

It's not showing up in any of my Virus scans AVG - Malawarebytes - or spybot - and I'm not finding the file on my PC when I type it on the search function - but I have seen it 3 times popping up on my PC today.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That file belongs to the java software. It's purpose is to check for java updates. It's not needed if you update manually.