1 destop pc 2 screens (newbie)

chubchubs1989

hi all

i have just got a destop pc in the bedroom and useing my 40" tv as a monitor with a aux for the sound. is it possable to some how connet the tv in the front room to the pc in the bedroom with sound so i can be in the front room and still watch a movie

i have a wireless keyboard that work when im sat in the fron room

thanks for any help

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
What kind of connections do you have? (Both the TV and the computer). You could always rig together an HDMI line or something like that.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member

Intel_man

VIP Member
heh, yea. Chromecast is pretty neat alright.

Alternatively, he could look into Intel's WiDi technology, but there's not a lot of guides on how to set it up since you need specific hardware that supports it to make it work.

lincsman

Just going to add here, and maybe I'm not understanding properly, but with newer Nvidia video cards (maybe AMD too) when you use the HDMI cord to hook to a TV it plays sound too.

SpriteMidr

Just going to add here, and maybe I'm not understanding properly, but with newer Nvidia video cards (maybe AMD too) when you use the HDMI cord to hook to a TV it plays sound too.

HDMI is audio and video together. Just like SCART and Coaxial.

It would be more valid to say "Some video cards that dont support sound cards for HDMI wont play sound through the TV"

Remember you can direct the output in sound settings too :)

Intel_man

VIP Member
HDMI is audio and video together. Just like SCART and Coaxial.

It would be more valid to say "Some video cards that dont support sound cards for HDMI wont play sound through the TV"

Remember you can direct the output in sound settings too :)
he was saying the earlier nvidia cards didn't broadcast the sound through the hdmi port, which is true. You use to have to connect an extra cable that would give you the hd audio to the card from the motherboard. That extra cable carried the audio signal to the card's hdmi output.