1 line signature limit ?

jamesd1981

We are computer enthusiasts, part of our passion is building computers, which we like to show off as specs in our signature. I see nothing wrong with that as long as it's not 10 lines of insanely large, multi-colored text. It's the same as car enthusiasts having a photo or specs of their modded cars, or photography forums where people list their gear.

I see that we also have a "like" feature now. I think it would be nice if we turn this into a "thanks" button, and have a "thanks" meter next to each user like other forums have.

Totally agree with both these comments, signature helps if someone perhaps is considering purchasing something and they see you actually have that specific item they can contact you for info/feedback.

Also I think the "Thanks" button would be a great feature, although most people who appreciate the help always leave a final thank you post.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I actually like the 1 line signature. There's no reason you can't list your specs out horizontally. It really makes it fast to scroll through short threads with a lot of posts.

Darren

Staff member
I actually like the 1 line signature. There's no reason you can't list your specs out horizontally. It really makes it fast to scroll through short threads with a lot of posts.

There is if you have multiple machines. Even with my single desktop, it wouldn't let me do all of it one line. I currently cannot edit my signature because anything I do is too many lines, but I'm already grandfathered in to what I had before the switch. 1 line is not enough, but doing it horizontally definitely should be a signature "rule" to prevent it from being excessive.