1 or Dual 1GB Nvidia graphics card for E521

Bryn

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension E521 and I have been looking all over the internet for a 1 or dual 1GB graphics card to put in it. Would someone be able to tell me what the name of the card is and if it is able to be done as a dual. This would be a major help...

thanks...

Last edited:

PohTayToez

Well, first of all, do you need 1GB cards because you think they'll be awesome for gaming, or do you need to it for a legit reason such as CAD or 3D rendering or something of that nature. If you're looking for a workstation card, then something from nVidia's Quadro line should do the trick, whatever the best card in your budget is. If it's for gaming, then you'd be looking for an 8800GTX.

EDIT:
Also, your motherboard only has a single PCI-E x16 slot, which is ok, because if you are trully looking for a 1GB card, then I don't believe that any of them run in SLI or Crossfire.

Last edited:

holdenssx

I don't think you'll be able to do dual with that computer, I looked up the motherboard and it doesn't seem to support SLI or CrossFire.

Bryn

Well i wanted to have the GB graphic cards for gaming, i was told the bigger the better. what do you think my computer can handle and that i should put in their to better handle games?

Bryn

thank you for the help everyone, PohTayToez helped me find a great and affordable graphics card! Thanks!!

The_Other_One

VIP Member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143085

pretty sure that's the best gaming gpu available as of now...

But don't you need a water cooling setup to use that card? :p

Getting as much RAM as possible is a total waste with a GPU. Worry about the actual GPU's performance. Also if you're running a Dell, I assume you have(or plan to) upgrad the power supply. And what about space. I was thinking some only had one open slot for video, where cards like the GTX required two(one for the blower)

-----

Eh, oh well :p

Bryn

The E521 has 2 slots but 1 is being used by a very ordinary graphics (which i was planning to replace with the GTX) card and the other a sound card (i think). is there a way i can make more? and also would you be able to tell me more about how to upgrade the power supply and water cooler..?

Kornowski

VIP Member
The E521 has 2 slots but 1 is being used by a very ordinary graphics (which i was planning to replace with the GTX) card and the other a sound card (i think). is there a way i can make more? and also would you be able to tell me more about how to upgrade the power supply and water cooler..?

You can't add any more slots to your computer, without getting a new motherboard.

Upgrading the power supply is very easy, un-plug everything and then unscrew it and take it out then put the new one in and put all the cables in the right place, it isn't hard at all :)

2Gb of V-RAM doesn't mean a thing, look for your pipelines. You don't get bragging rights due to more memory, if anything you can brag about the pipelines.

JustinMcG67

The 8 series is TODAY, pipelines and stream processors are basically the same thing, right?

Well one is unified the other isn't. Stream processors do both geometry and vertex equations at the same time where as traditionally it was pixel pipelines do geometry then you had your vertex shaders on their own.

Well that's vaguely what I remember. Might be wrong, might be right, I don't know.