1 XP Provessional disc doesn't work on 3 computers!

john238

I can't believe it. I had brought XP professional the other day and installed it on 3 of my computers.

I then registered the product on my main computer. My other computers were then asking to register it aswell. I couldn't do it and then realised after I had phoned microsoft that you have to purchase on cd per computer.

I didn't realise that and now I am down to 1 computer.

Imagin you had 20 computers. You will have to pay over £2,000 GBP just to upgrade your operating system on them all.

Is there a free way that I can make these computers work with my already installed xp without having to purchase a new activation product code.

Xycron

banned
john238 said:
I can't believe it. I had brought XP professional the other day and installed it on 3 of my computers.

I then registered the product on my main computer. My other computers were then asking to register it aswell. I couldn't do it and then realised after I had phoned microsoft that you have to purchase on cd per computer.

I didn't realise that and now I am down to 1 computer.

Imagin you had 20 computers. You will have to pay over £2,000 GBP just to upgrade your operating system on them all.

Is there a free way that I can make these computers work with my already installed xp without having to purchase a new activation product code.
1.Do NOT ask this here, it is against the rules.

2.If you have 20 computers, you instead of just buying more copy's would just get a small buisness edition which will include lisences for more then 1 PC.

Plus most people wont have that many at home, if you have that many it owuld most likly be at a buisness in which you would most likly be mass ordering Dells or the like, which include it.

Maybe you should have read it all before buying and installing.

john238

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't know it was against the TOS.

Also, where I brought it, it didn't mention about the licencing. It only mentions it when you install it in the small print, but I only relised after installing it. This is because I only glanced it it apon installing.

If I new about the business plan, I would have tried for that if it would have been cheaper for my 3 computers.

Oh well, I guess you learn from your mistakes.

Also, I was only asking if there was a way of puting one cd onto 3 computers, just incase there was a way to do it that was not illegal.

Would there be a cheap way of doing it. Like is there a site that just sells xp product activation codes cheaply.

I don't need the product, I only need a activation code.

Motoxrdude

You can call Microsoft and tell them what you told us and they might give you new product key codes but they will charge you.