$1000 and under PC

Oddler

My friend wants to purchase a pre-made PC online. Her budget is $1000.

She needs a monitor/keyboard/mouse with it.

It would be nice if you could find one with an available PCI x1 slot for a future card she will need installed inside.

During its most stressful times she will be capturing video game footage with her capture card that fits inside the PCI x1 slot, having a USB microphone running and a webcam running at the same time. I'm worried about the power consumption since I know pre-made PCs are built with tiny power supplies.

Her graphics card doesn't need to be cutting edge as not a lot of PC gaming will ensue but I'd prefer if she had at least an i5 CPU or an i7 (preferred)

One last challenge for you if you're up for it...that you don't use Newegg to do this since they charge too much cash for shipping/california tax.

Not sure what else to put here.

maxxielol123

Ok here some components:
CPU: i5-3550
GPU: GTX550ti
Case: Corsair Carbide 300R
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212evo
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
Memory: 2x4gb G-skill ripjawsX 1600mhz
Monitor: Acer G-series 21"
Keyboard & mouse: just microsoft or logitech...

EDIT: PSU: corsair CX600watt

Last edited:

Oddler

Welp, it needs to be a good value'd PC. Any website that doesn't charge shipping and california tax is great since you get more money into the PC and not the extra stuff.

spirit

Staff member
Can you build it her using maxxielol's components and then charge her extra?

A few things I'd change about maxxie's build:

Change the CPU to an i5 2500K or a 3570K, overclocking can make games run a lot quicker (you'd be able to easily overclock with the Hyper 212+)

Change the GPU to a Radeon 6850. I'm not an AMD or NVIDIA fanboy, it's just that the 6850 is the same sort of price as the GTX 550 Ti and the 6850 is the faster card.

Other than that it all looks fine.

Oddler

I should have emphasized more it was a pre-made all-in-one PC...but this needs to be a pre-made PC. She's not making it...and I'm not making it.

It needs to be built already by a manufacturer.

Also, I would really love her to have an i7 CPU since the things she needs the PC for are CPU intensive...a decent graphics card for gaming when she does too would be good. Although, graphics aren't her main spec...I'd like her to have a decent one when she does decide to game. Her main spec needed is CPU.

Again, it needs to be pre-made from a cheap website that doesn't charge shipping / california tax the way newegg will.

Benny Boy

Other options would be to spec it/get parts and get a local shop to build it. Or spec it @ a site like Cyberpower.

Benny Boy

I didn't change what you posted for. No one but you can do that. I suggested different ways of getting a pc built.

claptonman

Basically, you're not gonna find a PC from Dell, Acer, etc with a decent enough graphics card to run any kind of games. Its best to go to a manufacturer like cyberpower or ibuypower and have them build it for you, and send it out.

spirit

Staff member
Bare in mind though that somebody like iBUYPOWER or CyberPower will charge quite a lot though, so just be prepared for that.