$1000 budget PC hardware comp. list

alejoe84

I have $1000 for a gaming/design pc and this is what I have in mind for hardware parts:

MB:
-GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU:
-AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition Deneb 3.6GHz

RAM:
- Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1600 (2X4 GB)

GPU:
- EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5

HDD:
- Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM (plans to upgrade to a SSD for the OS in the future)

What do you guys think? all these in newegg is $760 the PSU, case, etc is being checked, but for these what do you think? feel free to make observations that is the purpose of the thread.

If you had $1000 for a pc what would your build be?

thank you.

claptonman

I would go with the 960t instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995

Some of them can be unlocked to 6 cores, and its overclockable, so you could hit 3.6-3.7ghz on stock voltages. Be sure to get a good heatsink, like the 212+ if you plan on overclocking to those levels. (Which you should, its really easy.)

Everything else looks good. Are you thinking of getting two video cards ever?

Last edited:

alejoe84

I would go with the 960t instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995

Some of them can be unlocked to 6 cores, and its overclockable, so you could hit 3.6-3.7ghz on stock voltages. Be sure to get a good heatsink, like the 212+ if you plan on overclocking to those levels. (Which you should, its really easy.

Everything else looks good. Are you thinking of getting two video cards ever?

Could I overclock the 975 to 4.0GHz? cause that is what I have in mind to do.

maybe in the future I could get my hands on a second video card but the 560 ti should be more than fine for now right?

claptonman

Could I overclock the 975 to 4.0GHz? cause that is what I have in mind to do.

maybe in the future I could get my hands on a second video card but the 560 ti should be more than fine for now right?

Yes, you can overclock it to 4ghz, but you can do the same for the 960t. (I have a 960t at 4Ghz, as you can see in my sig)

For the power supply, if you want two cards ever, I'd get a 700-750w power supply from antec, corsair, seasonic, silverstone, pc power and cooling, NZXT, or XFX.

alejoe84

Yes, you can overclock it to 4ghz, but you can do the same for the 960t. (I have a 960t at 4Ghz, as you can see in my sig)

For the power supply, if you want two cards ever, I'd get a 700-750w power supply from antec, corsair, seasonic, silverstone, pc power and cooling, NZXT, or XFX.

You, my friend have just saved me a couple of bucks on the cpu, 960t it is.

claptonman

You, my friend have just saved me a couple of bucks on the cpu, 960t it is.

No problem, its a great CPU. You will probably have to up your voltage a little to get it that high. I think mine's at 1.40v right now. And be sure to get an aftermarket cooler, like I said.

Perkomate

if your budget allows it, why not go down the 1155/I5 2500K route? Seems like you've got a bit of money to spare. It also means that if Ivy Bridge blows SB out of the water, you can upgrade to it after.