$1000 Comp from Craigslist

Negawing

Hey again.

I was perusing craigslist the other day and found a guy selling a Dell XPS desktop.

Specs:

Windows 7 home premium 64bit (Comes with restore cds)
Intel core i7-860 processor @ 2.80ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
1tb hard drive
Wireless N networking
1gb Ati Radeon 5770

Also comes with a 23" 1920x1080 gateway monitor.

He wanted $1100 for it, but I talked him down to $1000. I still need to go and make sure that everything works and the actual parts are in there, but other than that, is this a pretty good deal? It is slightly better than what I had estimated for $1000.

Should it run games pretty well and am I about to get ripped off?

linkin

VIP Member
It should be good. what resolution screen are you running? and also, what is the motherboard brand and model in that machine? Brand of hard drives? Brand of ram?

Negawing

That is a good question. Since it was built by Dell I am not assuming they put in top notch stuff, but I can always upgrade later if needed.

Went and check it out today, looks clean. Double checked to make sure all of the parts were in there.

The monitor is a 1920x1080 gateway I think.

Negawing

Also, how difficult would it be to throw all of the components into a new case? I am not a huge fan of the one it is in now. I can't imagine it would be that hard.

I might add a second 5770 and upgrade the PSU once I have more money.

linkin

VIP Member
I think it would be better to buy the parts like that and build it yourself, but that's just my opinion.