$1000 gaming pc

thegamer

Looking to build a gaming pc for about $1000 was thinking gtx 760, i5, 8gb ram
no clue on what motherboard to get or where to buy from (I live in canada)
Suggestions please and thank you very much

EvanK

For a mobo, I like the Z87 Plus, or the ASRock Extreme 4 is always a safe choice. I wouldn't skimp too much on your motherboard; you'll want something that offers a variety of connectivity options, especially something that's future-proof as the market's constantly changing its standards.

The rest of your build looks fine, just add in a 650-750w PSU (modular if you can), at least a TB of HDD space, an aftermarket CPU cooler and case fans are always a safe bet, and if you can afford it I'd definitely recommend throwing an SSD to increase performance and boot times.

You can buy most components on newegg.ca or NCIX. I personally buy my parts from Memory Express, as they match and beat online prices.

Wookloaf

Cool man.. It's to be noted that a lot of places are charging the same for the Over Clocked version of the 760 and the not over clocked.

A good mobo for what you'll be doing is the Asus H87M-Plus .. Just make sure you're LGA sockets match up (i.e. LGA1150)

I live in BC myself, and I mainly use NCIX.com .. they have good deals on stuff, and they'll get it to your door in less than 48 hours after purchase.