1000 psu for 80.00

bomberboysk

Not a bad price....the tuniq's arent the highest quality units around, nor do they have very stable voltages compared to higher end units, but a decent unit for the price.

Compequip

Not a bad price....the tuniq's arent the highest quality units around, nor do they have very stable voltages compared to higher end units, but a decent unit for the price.

Yeah I read the same in a nice review about the quality. They say there not a bad unit, but not high end. They have the same capaciotrs as the OCZ modxtream. The voltage were stable from the review I read. But they say this is a crazy low price for a 1000W. Most are in the 150+ range...:good: I guess we can say good psu for an economy/price build...

bomberboysk

Yeah I read the same in a nice review about the quality. They say there not a bad unit, but not high end. They have the same capaciotrs as the OCZ modxtream. The voltage were stable from the review I read. But they say this is a crazy low price for a 1000W. Most are in the 150+ range...:good: I guess we can say good psu for an economy/price build...

True its a decent unit, wouldn't buy it full price as you can get better units but for the rebate you can't beat it.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
That's a pretty good deal. But if you have the money to build a computer that actually uses that much power, shouldn't you shell out a bit more for a quality power supply unit?

bomberboysk

That's a pretty good deal. But if you have the money to build a computer that actually uses that much power, shouldn't you shell out a bit more for a quality power supply unit?

Yes, you should. I know the TX and HX850W units have roughly the same amperage on the +12v rail as this unit, and the same as the cheaper 1kw that antec makes. Cheaper 1kw units are almost always a waste of money for specs that arent better than an 850W, but its further aggrivated by people thinking they "need" all that power.