$1000 USD build

koalaa

one more question guys.

some people have been saying to never buy built-in PSU's as they burn out if the computer is left on for long periods of time, which I plan to do.

Is this true?

If it does burn out, would it damage any other parts?

Ku-sama

banned
if you geat a really cheap one, it didnt specify in the case you got... but if it has 22amps on the 12 volt rail or more, you should be fine for awhile, but if you start seeing voltage drops, look into another one fast, some PSU's take out whole systems if they die

Ku-sama

banned
it should be okay for awhile... but in a month or so, look into getting a better one

EDIT:
lol, it has 16+18amps, its a dual rail one... its not too bad... you can keep it for awhile

Archangel

VIP Member
one more question guys.

no comment..

some people have been saying to never buy built-in PSU's as they burn out if the computer is left on for long periods of time, which I plan to do.

Is this true?

If it does burn out, would it damage any other parts?

depends on what part of the PSU burns out.. best case scenario,.. it just stops working, or the componens on the input ( net-voltage) is affected.. mean when the CPU dies, it only takes a fuse from the house with it.
worst case scenario, the output is affected, meaning you get a power spike in the motherboard, and most likely, the motherboard dies, and some componenets with it.

now... im not saying that you PSU is bad or so... in fact, it CAN happen with every PSU... if your bad luck is big enough ;)
just keep this PSU,.. it'll do fine i think.

Jet

VIP Member
Apevia's PSUs generally have a bad rating, even though they look okay, and their voltages are okay as well.