1075T X6 vs 970 X4?

CardboardSword

^ I'm in the same boat, I think my 635 will probably hit ~3.5 or so if I really try, but I've yet to see anything that requires more than stock speeds.

I've had it stable enough for a super pi 1m run at 3.9, though...definitely a good chip for a C2 athlon.

That's really impressive. My Athlon 245 absolutely REFUSED to even so much as POST over 3.6, but it was solid as a rock there with minimal voltage and stock cooling. I thought my FSB was my limiting factor, but since it hits 285 to get the phenom to 4Ghz then I guess that wasn't my problem haha.

I think my problem is I cant leave anything well enough alone. See what I can push things too is kinda my personality i guess, I modded the crap out of my car, the samethings going to happen with my truck, modding and pushing the envelope are who I am, if i know the cpu can hit 4.4 im gonna get it there lol

I know what you're saying. I've broken more things "trying to make them better"....

StrangleHold

Staff member
Hi,

This is my first post so go easy. I am looking to get a new high performance computer for work, I need it to run programs smoothly allowing me to multitask without any problems. I will be running multiple monitors and 1080p resolution. I will be mostly running programs like photoshop, dreamweaver and other adobe products at the same time.

I have found two computers that are identical except the CPUs. One is running the AMD Phenom II 970 X4 and 3.5 GHz and the other one is running AMD PHENOM II 1075T X6 and 3.0 GHz.

What do you think would be a better fit for me?

Other info about the computers:
AM3 MOTHERBOARD
6GB DDR-3 1333MHZ PC-10600
1000GB SATA2 7200rpm 32MB CACHE
HD PCI-Express 1080p Video Card ONBOARD

Thank you so much for your time.

Neither one. Get the 955 or the 1090T.