1080 sli build help needed

JakeJohn

So this is the first time I have attempted to build a gaming rig. So the quote I was given has been attached I have changed slightly to what is listed in the quote being the
cpu cooler. corsair H115 instead of hyperx
Ssd. 960 evo 500gb
And I have took out the 2tb hard drive.
And I'm thinking of going 2 msi gaming x 1080 instead of what has been quoted. And change case to a full tower don't know which yet. So really what I'm asking is what can be improved or is this a decent 1080 sli setup as it is.
Thanks all help is appreciated.
Screenshot_20170130-155500.png Screenshot_20170130-155500.png

Calin

Looks good. I'd consider going with a single Titan XP though, some games like Watch Dogs 2 have terrible SLI support and some games like Just Cause 3 do not support SLI at all.

Yea it's a good setup.. Very expensive tho! I just built almost the same exact computer myself,only with one gpu and I already had the ssd, for 1700$

I had never built a computer before and it really wasn't that bad! Also you get a huge sense of accomplishment.

Google 'Newegg diy garage how to build a computer' for a GREAT YouTube video

JakeJohn

Looks good. I'd consider going with a single Titan XP though, some games like Watch Dogs 2 have terrible SLI support and some games like Just Cause 3 do not support SLI at all.
Cheers for the info but the Titan X is almost impossible to get in Australia unless I go through ebay.

JakeJohn

Yea it's a good setup.. Very expensive tho! I just built almost the same exact computer myself,only with one gpu and I already had the ssd, for 1700$

I had never built a computer before and it really wasn't that bad! Also you get a huge sense of accomplishment.

Google 'Newegg diy garage how to build a computer' for a GREAT YouTube video
My quote is in AUD and over here us aussies have pay a fair bit on a decent rig this is honestly the cheapest computer store in Australia well atleast one of them anyway.

Calin

Cheers for the info but the Titan X is almost impossible to get in Australia unless I go through ebay.
Same here in Romania.
Also you don't need 1000w for 2 1080s. I have a RM850i for my 1080s and it works flawlessly

My quote is in AUD and over here us aussies have pay a fair bit on a decent rig this is honestly the cheapest computer store in Australia well atleast one of them anyway.

Oh OK, I am in the USA so I'm sure its a little different. But the setup is very powerful

Calin

Looks good. Like I said before, I'd save some money by getting the 850w version of the PSU.
Also, don't ditch the HDD. With only 500GB you will run out of space pretty quickly. I'd rather have a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.

JakeJohn

Looks good. Like I said before, I'd save some money by getting the 850w version of the PSU.
Also, don't ditch the HDD. With only 500GB you will run out of space pretty quickly. I'd rather have a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.
Ok ill switch the psu and as for the 500gb ssd I plan on getting a 1tb 850 evo soon i currently have 10. 2 and 1tb external hard drives sitting around doing nothing so ill use those untill i get the 1 to ssd. Thanks man.

JakeJohn

Thanks dead pool makes it heaps easier in Australian version on pcpartpicker makes the price more accurate im gonna look into it now. Gives me abit more room for the monitor to.

Deadpool

Thanks dead pool makes it heaps easier in Australian version on pcpartpicker makes the price more accurate im gonna look into it now. Gives me abit more room for the monitor to.

If you already have HDD don't buy one unless you don't have enough space. If you think that PSU is too expensive it's because it is top of the food chain. You are getting a 4K monitor right?

JakeJohn

For first person shooters, 1440p at 120/144hz would be better.l But 4k 60hz is still great, I run it myself.
Yeah I have heard the same im looking more into it though because I do play a few first person shooters but alot of dayz atm haha. I go back home on the 10th of Feb so ill be going around having a look at what I can get for the best price monitor wise as for the rig msy is my cheapest option in perth. Now I have more knowledge on the parts im going to use "thanks to you guys". I should have a rig able to run skynet by the end of the month. Thanks for all the help guys appreciate it.