110 - 220

dtiao7eb

Hello guys and gals,

I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. Who is too lazy to make an account...

Anyways he wants to buy computer parts for his mother in china. Now the question is if we buy a power supply here can i just flip the switch in the back?

also with 220v will the mobo and cards be ok? or do i have to buy different parts?

Thanks,

David

Drenlin

Many power supplies don't even have the switch anymore...they just detect the input voltage.

As far as the cards go, there's no difference. They all use 12/5/3.3 volt DC, supplied by the PSU.

dtiao7eb

ScottaLot... no idea what ur even saying... but my friend is building a comp to take back to china... since they mainly use 220v just wanted to make sure it won't fry when he plugs it to the wall lol

ScottALot

Okay, gotcha... the fact that you have a low post count and was asking such an odd question just made me think you were trying to be annoying.

bigrich0086

As long as you have the proper adapter for the plug from PSU to the wall outlet, your PSU will do all the converting for your. Gotta love technology.

MMM

Why would you buy and build a computer out side of China.... since China produces and supplies computer parts for the rest of the world and it would be certainly a lot cheaper to do it there.

Hsv_Man

Why would you buy and build a computer out side of China.... since China produces and supplies computer parts for the rest of the world and it would be certainly a lot cheaper to do it there.

+1 This man talks the truth

linkin

VIP Member
Most if not all powersupplies should have an inbuilt switch. read the specifications of the PSU you want to buy and look for input voltage, if it says 110-240v you're good. If it's one or the other you might need an adapter or converter or whatever.