120 mm Dual pass vs 240mm (120mm x2) Single pass

Motoxrdude

I am guessing the dual pass is like two 120mm radiators back to back. In theory the 240mm radiator would cool better because it's not having to use the same air twice to cool the coolant.

Archangel

VIP Member
I agree, the 240mm radiator has a bigger, well, surgace to pull cold air in as the 120mm one, so i think that one would be better for cooling.

Mankz_91

The Swiftech MCR220 no question...

Supposed to be the best radiator series bar the Thermochill PA120's

ducis

MCR 220 QP no question at all no doubt in my mind
you can do that "dual pass" cr@p on a mcr 220 aswell
if you could through I'd get a nice PA 120.2 if space is limited and you cant move up to a mcr 320 QP

tuxify

I am guessing the dual pass is like two 120mm radiators back to back. In theory the 240mm radiator would cool better because it's not having to use the same air twice to cool the coolant.

Thats what I was thinking, but since the dual pass is only $10, I thought I might as well check it out. I'm hoping the 240mm will fit in the Antec 900...

*Edit* Would a dual pass 120mm radiator be better than a single 120mm radiator? I'm pretty sure it would, and if the 240mm wouldn't fit, I'd rather go with the dual pass...

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Thats what I was thinking, but since the dual pass is only $10, I thought I might as well check it out. I'm hoping the 240mm will fit in the Antec 900...

*Edit* Would a dual pass 120mm radiator be better than a single 120mm radiator? I'm pretty sure it would, and if the 240mm wouldn't fit, I'd rather go with the dual pass...

The larger the radiator, the greater it can cool. So the 240mm should be better, however due to it's large size there are a lot more restrictions to consider then with a 120mm radiator.

tuxify

Yeah, I'd rather get the 240mm, but I'm starting to think that the Antec 900 wouldn't be able to fit it. If I got a 120mm, I could put another one in the exhaust 120mm fan place. Would that work?