125-140w Phenom Board

Twist86

So I am thinking of going phenom which I do a lot of converting/archiving etc so extra power would help me out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130182

I was reading through the reviews didn't see anything bad.....then I found some old amazon.com gift vouchers about 60 bucks so I thought same price so why not order there save some green and pick up a sunbeam cooler from newegg :cool:

Then I saw a review here
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Neo-FD-NV...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224281484&sr=8-1

Mind you I edited out the useless stuff.

I picked this MOBO just to find out what this new "Hybrid SLI " thing that
i've been reading about in several PC magazines over the past few months.
Here's the skinny.....
looking to build a gaming setup,
you may want to do a little more research and select another board.
Hybrid SLI...Don't let this overhyped catch-phrase fool you. Hybrid SLI is a process where the (onboard graphics accelerator) will take up the slack when your plug-in graphics card is idle(when your'e not gaming)and that's it. Nothing more..Nothing Less and not to mention this only works
in this (Hybrid-Onboard/Plug-in) Combo when your monitor is plugged into your Onboard VGA connection, you can't use the VGA port on your plug-in card. Dissapointing Huh....yeah well i thought so to.

Thing is I don't see anything about hybrid SLI on TG-Amazon-MSI-Newegg.

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1493&maincat_no=1

Someone mind making sense of this? Can it be disabled if its?

PC eye

banned
Hybrid SLI is probably someone running a PCI video card along with the primary PCI-E type since the board sees only one PCI-E 2.0 slot. That would be mainly for dual monitors with that application.

Twist86

so I could disable it to avoid such problems right? I just want to make 100% sure I don't screw this MB up ^-^

StrangleHold

Staff member
The 8200 has Hybrid SLI. Its where you can run some of nvidias lowerend GPUs with the onboard in sorta of a SLI mode. No, you dont have to use it. It doesnt have anything to do with what PC eye said.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Hybrid SLI is probably someone running a PCI video card along with the primary PCI-E type since the board sees only one PCI-E 2.0 slot.
No, PC eye, that is not correct. Like stranglehold said, Hybrid SLi allows the integrated video to be sort of "SLI'd" with low-end NVIDIA cards (such as the 8400GS) for extra performance, it's supposed to compete with AMD/ATI's PowerXpress and Hybrid CrossFire.

Vizy

Only some cards can be supported by the hybrid sli. It is sort of using both chips you have on your system (onboard+GFX card). Best to check with the nvidia website.

StrangleHold

Staff member
The Hybrid SLI only works with the 8400/8500 series. The 9800GT-GTX 280 the only thing that works is the Hybird Power. When when not in demand the drivers shut down the installed card and runs off the onboard.

Twist86

I see good deal then...last thing I wanted was a crappy on board to screw with my 8800GT (soon to be radeon 4870)