$1300 gaming computer what do yall think?

Craigk_c19

Hey guys what do you guys think of this build? and will it all work together... this game computer is a for a friend he already has a Logitech G500 mouse and his own copy of windows 64bit ultimate and and is just getting into computer programing but loves to game on pc so i talked him into a intel computer here are the parts let me know what yall think

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5

XFX PRO750W XXX Edition Semi-Modular 80Plus Silver 750 Watt Power Supply

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

LG Internal 22x Super-Multi DVD Rewriter

AZZA Hurrican 2000 CSAZ-2000 Black SECC Japanese Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

i know when he starts to overcloock he will need a better cpu heat sink and fan right now his budget was 1300 and this comes out to be 1307 after shipping so later one when get gets to that point ill have him get a better heatsink and fan but any thoughts on this build would be greatly appricated thanks before hand guys and gals :D

fire r a g e

Great build! However, if you were to get a cheaper case, like the HAF 912, you could get a faster GPU like the Radeon 6970.

Craigk_c19

thanks guys heck all ill have to do is change the multiplier in the bios and the 2500k will be running the same if not faster then the 2600k thanks guys might have to make him get an aftermarket heatsink tho if i do that so he doesnt over heat it

claptonman

thanks guys heck all ill have to do is change the multiplier in the bios and the 2500k will be running the same if not faster then the 2600k thanks guys might have to make him get an aftermarket heatsink tho if i do that so he doesnt over heat it

That wouldn't match the performance of a 2600k. The difference is hyperthreading, which is useful in extreme programs, but not with gaming.

JaredC.

youre gonna want more then 1.2gb of VRAM, Battlefield 3 will easily eclipse that. 2500k will be ample for gaiming, but if you do other proccessor intensive things it would be wise to get the 2600k.

claptonman

youre gonna want more then 1.2gb of VRAM, Battlefield 3 will easily eclipse that. 2500k will be ample for gaiming, but if you do other proccessor intensive things it would be wise to get the 2600k.

That is true, but between the 570 and 6970, I'd still go with the 570 with 1.25Gb with BF3. AMD cards take a hit in the AA department, and to solve it, you'll have to turn off some of the eye candy and other features, which will lower the amount of Vram used.