1366 i7 - SLI Fermi - Gaming, Entertainment build, need advice

BTW, maybe I missed it but I didn't see a case. With all that badassery component-wise I'm guessing you'll be in the market for a solid case as well. If you haven't already made your call, I'd like to suggest the TJ07. If I had one I think I'd sleep with it. It just looks like Class. Or an equally attractive midtower

I'm glad you brought up the case question. It's really the only part where I'm still undecided.

I started another thread under the cases section but I suppose I should just post here as well.

I'm considering these...

XCLIO A380COLOR-PLUS Black 1.0 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Thoughts?
 
I'm glad you brought up the case question. It's really the only part where I'm still undecided.

I started another thread under the cases section but I suppose I should just post here as well.

I'm considering these...

XCLIO A380COLOR-PLUS Black 1.0 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Thoughts?

Any thoughts on these cases guys?
 
I bought my case at the flea market for $12. What's funny is that my apartment was robbed and they left my PC because of the old case, even though I had awesome hardware. Cheers.
 
I bought my case at the flea market for $12. What's funny is that my apartment was robbed and they left my PC because of the old case, even though I had awesome hardware. Cheers.

Sorry to hear that. My friend's house got popped this past summer, and they took everything of value.

2 laptops, ps3, wii, external hard drives, almost anything electronic, they even took mail that was on their desk. Probably looking for bank or credit card info. Such a terrible experience.

Glad your PC was left behind though.
 
Sorry to hear that. My friend's house got popped this past summer, and they took everything of value.

2 laptops, ps3, wii, external hard drives, almost anything electronic, they even took mail that was on their desk. Probably looking for bank or credit card info. Such a terrible experience.

Glad your PC was left behind though.


Yeah, I was seriously freaked out. I learned my lesson, though. No more AlienWare cases; from then on, I've found cheap, used cases and never looked back. In reality, the case is the least important piece of any PC... if you don't count the user. Cheers.
 
I have that same keyboard and mouse combo and am very happy with them. I got them both on sale though, and if I were paying full price on the keyboard I might have looked for something with a USB hub, and blue illumination would have better matched my case. Still, I'm very happy with both.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas, however I want to stay away from mid towers. bigger the better.

Why they listed the X1000 as a mid tower is beyond me. It's nearly 27" in height - Taller than any of the cases you've listed. Look at the pics in my sig. More room than you'll need and nothing to block front to rear airflow.
 
Why they listed the X1000 as a mid tower is beyond me. It's nearly 27" in height - Taller than any of the cases you've listed. Look at the pics in my sig. More room than you'll need and nothing to block front to rear airflow.

That thing is insane...

i love it
 
I haven't read everything in between, so I don't know if you bought parts already. But wait for sandy bridge. It shouldn't be too long.
 
Back
Top