1366x720 resolution?

silv55

hi guys; i have my Hp dv-6 1259DX and it has Intel card Hd 4500 with max resolution 1366x720 and my LCD Tv has the same resolution through HDMI,how come whem i use 1366x720 my TV displays a very small screen,in order to fill tv screen i have to change resolution to 1280x720 and then has screen edges cut,i realy don't understand,can you shad some light, is there any drivers that can adjust the 1366x720 to fit the screen, in Win 10 or win 7?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Your TV runs a higher resolution than your LCD does. You just need to find the right setting.

Darren

Staff member
1280x720 is standard HD and normally called 720p. 1366 x 768 is just a tad higher than this and is normally found on laptop screens. Use the 720p for the TV as most TV's support either 720P or 1080P, and normally will look funky if you try something in between.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
When you extend it you should be able to change the resolution for each monitor individually. It's only if you clone it that you can only set one resolution.

kdfresh09

1360 x 768 resolution is what may work best. i have a 720p tv screen, looks great, but when a pc is hooked up to it, for this tv at least ( i have others that are different), 1360 x 768 gives the reported recomended/native resolution for the screen. maybe it is with yours. just look for the resolution in the list, noted as recomended or native. thats the resolution you want...and be sure to have it in EXTENDED mode so you have independant controle over each screens resolution

Last edited:

silv55

When you extend it you should be able to change the resolution for each monitor individually. It's only if you clone it that you can only set one resolution.

Can you give me instructions on Extended monitors, and will that work when booting up pc or i have to config every time i boot PC?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Can you give me instructions on Extended monitors, and will that work when booting up pc or i have to config every time i boot PC?

You configure it in Windows. Connect your TV, then right click on the desktop and choose Screen Resolution. Next to "Multiple Displays", click it and choose Extended These Displays. Click Apply and then select your TV And set it to its native resolution, then click apply again.

silv55

You configure it in Windows. Connect your TV, then right click on the desktop and choose Screen Resolution. Next to "Multiple Displays", click it and choose Extended These Displays. Click Apply and then select your TV And set it to its native resolution, then click apply again.

Thanks voyagerfan99; when i try to do extand displays i get this;check pic attach..

http://postimg.org/image/4e90cyfn5/239fe708/

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
It says click apply before you can change anything. Can you change anything after you click apply?

lincsman

I had the same problem. Go into your TV settings and select the aspect ratio and change it. If it's an option, choose scan or auto detect.

C4C

You should have an option to "auto adjust".... My samsung monitor/TV had half the screen hanging off until it set itself properly..