1394?

magicman

VIP Member
IEEE1394 is better known as firewire, a port like USB but shaped differently. And if you check the back of your pc, there's probably two ethernet ports. That'd probably be why there's two showing up in Network Connections.

Monster Truck

I havent setup the comp yet, can i run two connections at the same time? like should I rout two cables over to my room?

magicman

VIP Member
Yes you can, whether you should or not is a matter of choice. I'm not quite sure how you want to set up any network. If you don't want to use both of them, you can disable one of them in Network Connections, so it's removed from the taskbar, or if you want to remove it from Network Connections, you can disable it in the bios.

Monster Truck

Ill jsut run one then its jsut more math for the commp to do with two connections, I dont think windows will use them both at the same time either

magicman

VIP Member
You were talking about connecting 2 pc's together with 2 ethernet cables?? I'm not entirely sure how windows would arrange data transfer in that situation, but yes, I'd say keep it simple. You won't be using one up to capacity most of the time, let alone two.