14+ Warehouse Being Monitored

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by hells3000, Jun 11, 2013.

1. hells3000

hells3000 New Member

Hello Forums!!

It's been a while since I've been around and I'm very great full for all the knowledge I've perceived from these forums. Well... the reason I'm around today is to learn how to hook up a computer to monitor 14+ warehouse camera systems. Any advice on how to do it budget wise, pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:good:

2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Well, most newer security systems come with a feature that lets you view the feed over the internet. How that is accomplished is going to vary from system to system depending on the hardware and software. If your current system doesn't have any sort of network/internet features then you'll want to upgrade your DVRs (recording device) to something that does.

If the warehouses are in close proximity to each other then it would be better to set up a local network rather than using the internet to stream your video.

3. hells3000

hells3000 New Member

Forgot to add an s to warehouses , all locations feed to the internet already. Currently we connect to each individually via the ip.

4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

So is the problem accessing them simultaneously? I guess I'm not sure what your asking help with.

5. hells3000

hells3000 New Member

Yes, I want to setup a camera security room streaming each warehouse feed to a monitor of it's own.