1440p with GTX 1080ti, 2080 or 2080 Super. performance?

Looking for feedback on people who have a 1440p monitor with 1080ti 2080 or 2080 super. I am currently using a 1080p monitor but feel tempted to upgrade to 1440p at some point. How does your performance look like at 1440p? I watched some benchmarks online and most of them lose a big chunk of Frames almost like 40FPS. That's the main reason I am not too sure about upgrading.

Looking to play games like Assassins Creed Odyssey, Death Stranding (July 14), Rust, Division 2, Modern Warfare (2019) Far Cry 5 and Need for Speed Heat.

beers

Staff member
Warzone usually runs 80-90 to me on most ultra settings @1440p with this 1080ti.

I'd do it, it was worth it for me, your current card is still pretty capable in that realm.

Warzone usually runs 80-90 to me on most ultra settings @1440p with this 1080ti.

I'd do it, it was worth it for me, your current card is still pretty capable in that realm.
Really? that's pretty good. Yeah I've had this 1080ti for 5 months and its truly a beast of a card still. Have you tried any of the other games I posted at 1440p?

beers

Staff member
I got a Steam refund on NFS Heat :p But it ran okay for the hour and a half or so I played it, but no FPS figures.

FC5 with a similar story, no real slowdowns, FPS IIRC over 1 hundo in most scenarios on ultra.

Haven't played the others on the PC side. (Woo Division 2 30 fps cap on PS4 :p)

I got a Steam refund on NFS Heat :p But it ran okay for the hour and a half or so I played it, but no FPS figures.

FC5 with a similar story, no real slowdowns, FPS IIRC over 1 hundo in most scenarios on ultra.

Haven't played the others on the PC side. (Woo Division 2 30 fps cap on PS4 :p)
Okay great. Question why did you refund NFS Heat? lol

beers

Staff member
Question why did you refund NFS Heat?
Eh, not really my cup of tea. It was 'okay' but some of the mechanics like blipping the throttle to auto drift killed it for me. I played tf out of NFS Underground and was hoping for something similar but the handling and progression system I just felt weren't very fun in Heat. I usually roll more sim style titles these days though.

Eh, not really my cup of tea. It was 'okay' but some of the mechanics like blipping the throttle to auto drift killed it for me. I played tf out of NFS Underground and was hoping for something similar but the handling and progression system I just felt weren't very fun in Heat. I usually roll more sim style titles these days though.
I played it with Origin Access subscription and I agree with the drift mechanics, its really off putting. I have played NFS 2015 NFS Payback and NFS Heat and I really recommend NFS 2015 such a great game. One of the last few good NFS games they have made in recent years in my opinion. You can grab it for $5 or $10 on Origin sale I'd say totally worth it. Payback is also meh.

Going back to the topic of the thread I am really tempted to buy a 1440p monitor. I am going to go to Best Buy and see if they have one on display so I can get a better idea. I know a 2 years ago they had one but I didn't really paid attention too to how it looked because I wasn't on the market for a new Monitor. My friend says 1080p looks ugly compared 1440p lol

beers

Staff member
What budget are you looking for that?

I picked up a S2716DG for around three hundo that is pretty swanky.

1080p does look pretty ugly compared to 1440p if you plan on getting a monitor 27" or larger.
Well my Asus VG248QE looks great! I really love this monitor but want to explore 1440p one of these days.
I honestly only seeing One 1440p monitor before lol and that was like 2 years ago.
What budget are you looking for that?

I picked up a S2716DG for around three hundo that is pretty swanky.
Honestly? like $350 before tax. I am just not sure I am going to upgrade yet. I think I will ones the RTX 3080 comes out tho which will hopefully be by the end of this year.