1440x900 Not Showing Anymore!

theboy

Well today, I changed out my VGA Cable (while the computer was turned off) and gave it to a friend for a new build. Well tonight we picked up a brand new VGA cable to hook up to my Nvidia FX5200, just like I have always done for the past two years now.

I boot my PC (Vista 32-bit) and the monitor resolution is now 1360x768, and 1440x900 has VANISHED!?!?!?! (no longer shown in the display panel settings)

So I tried an install of the same driver version from nvidia and it caused my system to do a random reboot. OK> Now I successfully installed the driver to my video card in Safe Mode, rebooted and still the same issue.

Any ideas??? I am thinking to do a roll back but scared I might mess something else up.

By the Way: I dual boot...and within XP PRO, and my monitor resolution is shown correct (1440x900)

All I want is my monitor resolution back!

Thanks in advance.:D

cohen

Depends on the monitor of obviously the cable, get your old cable back and give you friend the new one :p

theboy

I guess I could, however this display issue only happens in Vista (32-bit). I run a dual boot here and XP PRO (32-bit) shows the display properties (1440x900) perfectly.

After using google for about 30 mins I came up with a thread that nVidia Driver v. 9.6.8.5 and apparently It was a Vista bug back in 2006.

There's got to be another solution, any ideas?

Thanks!:D

StrangleHold

Staff member
Could be that your refresh rate got changed and its only showing the resolutions that is supported at that refresh rate.

theboy

yeah, I was messing with the refresh rates but didn't get much luck with the correct resolution. So I got my original cable back and what do you know? 1440x900 showed back.

Problem Solved. Thanks again!;)