15" monitor + 8600GT = Bad match?

ccfccf

Hi,
I have built a PC for the first time today. It wasn't too bad; pretty much straightforward. As I decided to keep using my old 15" inch monitor for the time being, I hooked up the new PC with the old monitor (IBM L150). Unexpectedly, the image quality was far from being satisfactory. Text, pictures, and movie clips appeared to be even better with the old computer (with Geforce 3 Ti 500). Particularly, the movie image was so not clear nor vivid and text was not sharp at all, even causing me some headache. I can't figure that out. Is the old 15" monitor simply too outdated to be compatible with 8600GT? If I go with 19 or 20 inch monitor, then can I have much better image quality?

Aziek

right click your mouse goto properties and change your resolution to whatever your 15" monitor is native to.

Hanamichi

Even I use the same card with my old 15" monitor.I don't have any problem.I forgot my resolution but it's higher than 1024x... that's the highest that my monitor has.it's somthing like 1124x864(not sure).And remember that when using for the first time your PC's resolution automatically turns into 800x600.

ccfccf

After I did different things like re-installing the driver from nVidia web site (not using the CD), optimizing Bios, and adjusting monitor setting, the conditions get much improved and it looks fine now.

Thanks for the tips anyway !!!