1500-1600$ Gaming rig

Hi, I'm not very great at building computer, and I really need an upgrade to a great rig this Christmas. Right now my computer specs are, a single core AMD Athlon @2.21 ghz, 3gb's ram, 8500 gt, and a 150 gb hardrive. As you can see my current computer is a piece of crud, so I would like to get an i7 build, with a Radeon 5850(Or a 5870 without effecting my budget/other componets).

Thank you, Ryan.
 
So as I read this I look down to my floor and see these componets. I have something similar but here is what I did differently

Case I went with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196 for 2 reasons, 1 I'm going the red route, I already have an antec 900 all blue and 2 reason I got a great deal on it.

Mobo I went with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131365 because I got another great deal from a member here, or else I'd go with the mobo you picked.

For the PSU I went with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341023 for again 4 reasons this time. 1 It's red and matches my case. 2 The price is better. 3 It will run my GPU no problem even if I decided to crossfire later unless I get 2 5890X2 hehe. 4 I had great customer service from OCZ even though everyone speaks highly of corsair and corsair is slightly a better psu.

And for my GPU I'm using my 4870X2 with an artic cooler. I already have and have no issues and will run anything I play at high settings. Maybe I'll change later to a 5870, but I don't see my performance going up any from what I already have...

Anyway I hope this edifies you buying decision, this is a solid build. Have fun...:D:good:
 
Well, I've never built a pc before and find it kind of complex (I'm only 15). So I was thinking about buying from a local dealer. He made me a nice rig, but it was 1920$... I can afford the rig, but I don't want to get ripped off. I'm going to keep this thread up and I will update you as I get more information on the rig he is building me.
I just want to show off 2 Christmas presents I got today :-)
26" 1080p Samsung monitor(420 Dollars with a 2 year warranty) - http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T260HD-25-5-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001AYCNIW

iTouch 64 gb(425 Dollars after tax, really about 390 after I got a 30 dollars gift certificate) - http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B002M3SOCE
 

Why, it's $50.00 more with the same timings. And read the reviews for some reason certain boards don't like this ram. Guy on Newegg reviewed said the Evga board and this ram had issues maybe it's the board maybe the ram but he went for the OCZ gold instead. There are alot of factors, but why spend the extra $50.00? Just curious, I know Mushkin is a good brand for high end users.
 
Why, it's $50.00 more with the same timings. And read the reviews for some reason certain boards don't like this ram. Guy on Newegg reviewed said the Evga board and this ram had issues maybe it's the board maybe the ram but he went for the OCZ gold instead. There are alot of factors, but why spend the extra $50.00? Just curious, I know Mushkin is a good brand for high end users.

It's like 15$ more... (I don't count rebates as they usually end up not sending you the check or you have to go through a huge phone call with them)

It's more of an idea more than a suggestion. Don't trust NewEgg reviews, do some googling. Mushkin is hand-picked, high quality, and it usually holds higher speeds more stably than the gold. Compatibility may be an issue, but I doubt NewEgg will deny your RMA and even if that happens, Mushkin won't turn you down.
 
Well, I've never built a pc before and find it kind of complex (I'm only 15). So I was thinking about buying from a local dealer. He made me a nice rig, but it was 1920$... I can afford the rig, but I don't want to get ripped off. I'm going to keep this thread up and I will update you as I get more information on the rig he is building me.
I just want to show off 2 Christmas presents I got today :-)
26" 1080p Samsung monitor(420 Dollars with a 2 year warranty) - http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T260HD-25-5-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001AYCNIW

iTouch 64 gb(425 Dollars after tax, really about 390 after I got a 30 dollars gift certificate) - http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B002M3SOCE

Dude, I'm 14 :P, relax, it's pretty easy, as Motoxrdude once said, it's pretty much like a puzzle, you just have to know where the parts go ;)

It's like 15$ more... (I don't count rebates as they usually end up not sending you the check or you have to go through a huge phone call with them)

It's more of an idea more than a suggestion. Don't trust NewEgg reviews, do some googling. Mushkin is hand-picked, high quality, and it usually holds higher speeds more stably than the gold. Compatibility may be an issue, but I doubt NewEgg will deny your RMA and even if that happens, Mushkin won't turn you down.

+1, for me it's either OCZ, G.Skill or Mushkin (depending on if I have money or not), never really bought from Corsair for memory or Kingston, although I hear Corsair's memory's quite good.
 
Last edited:
It's like 15$ more... (I don't count rebates as they usually end up not sending you the check or you have to go through a huge phone call with them)

It's more of an idea more than a suggestion. Don't trust NewEgg reviews, do some googling. Mushkin is hand-picked, high quality, and it usually holds higher speeds more stably than the gold. Compatibility may be an issue, but I doubt NewEgg will deny your RMA and even if that happens, Mushkin won't turn you down.

I agree about what you say about someones review, I agree about Mushkin memory being high quality. I don't agree with the rebate thing $35.00 rebate is $35.00 U.S. hehe I've heard alot about manufacturers not paying out. I think most of the time people don't send in on time or with all the info. They're hoping the consumer doesn't send in for a rebate....Or it gets lost.... Anyhew I was just curious on why you'd spend an extra $50.00 now I know... Thanks for clarifying.... Good luck on your build even if you have someone else do it for you...
 
Back
Top