$1500 Budget PC

Oddler

I'm going to be building a PC from scratch centered around gaming and also around the technical specifications for a Black Magic Intensity 3.0 SHUTTLE [not the Thunderbolt one but the 3.0 one in the link]

So in other words it needs to be a USB 3.0 motherboard on an x58 or p55 mobo. The capture device in incredibly pissy about what it will work with!

I need a really good CPU since I do a lot of livestream things and it's CPU intensive for rendering out the gaming footage and shoving it online into twitch.tv . I'd love to overclock it to get even more bang since I really do need a lot of CPU.

I would like the graphics card to be a pretty good card but I doubt it needs to be on par with the CPU since the CPU is the king spec I need.

I would also like a SSD to house windows 7 stuff and at least 1TB HDD [if not 2] to hold all the videos I create.

I need at least 4 USB 2.0 drives ... if not I have an external usb multiplier adapter thing that plugs into a usb drive and gives you 4 more...not super picky.

At least 8 gigs of RAM for video editing on After Effects.

Any chance watercooling for my CPU? Never used watercooling before.

Any cheap DVD drive will work I'm sure.

I do not need a monitor / keyboard/ mouse.

I might be able to bump up the spending limit a few hundred more dollars...but I'd like to see what I can get for 1500.

Because Newegg charges shipping and +tax for CA residence I normally shop at tigerdirect for PC parts. Please take that into account to be able to squeeze the most out of this new PC rig.

jonnyp11

where are you getting the x58/p55 only? those are older chipsets and although there is nothing wrong with them, you will be stuck with a dated cpu and also i don't know if any of them even have usb 3, which there are add-on cards for that

Oddler

The Black Magic Shuttle ONLY works on those mobos. Addons will send the Shuttle into a pissy hissy-fit.

jonnyp11

Are you sure you can't get another device or something, i really recomend against buying those mobos/cpus, they cost the same and more than newer cpus like the i5 2500k or i7-2600k, and have considerably less power than them.