$1500 build, can anybody help?

just a noob

hello, i was wondering if anybody can help me think up of a build that includes 4gb+ of ram and the intel q9450, i don't need speakers, a mouse, printer, or a moniter

WhiteFireDragon

oscaryu1 that's a great build. it's a little week on the memory though. a $1500 budget system should have at least PC8500. 800mhz just seems a little slow for how much is being spent. now only if you didnt need the OS, a little more could be spent on the memory.

it'll also depend on the use. this is a great gaming computer. but if you're not going to play games, you wont need to spend $550 on a 9800x2. a $100 video card would suffice. then you could spend a little more on the HD or memory

Last edited:

reddevil6

that ram oscaryu1 chose is faster than any PC8500 it is even faster than any DDR3 i would say.
MHz is not everything .

Ramodkk

VIP Member

That's a great build as always Oscar :). But for a bit less $$$, I think he could get 2 x HD3870 instead of 9800GX2. That'd also take advantage of the X38 mobo. Just my opinion. Everything else looks perfect! I see NZXT Apollo, great! ;)

- OR -

Get the god of motherboards, GIGABYTE P35-DS3L + 9800GX2 :D

Last edited:

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Si, except then PCI-E 2.0 could not be utilized :(

RedDevil, I couldn't agree more :D speed and price are not everything.

Lots more things come into hand; quality, CAS latency, ect...

DDR3 is not worth its while right now. Cas latencies too high, overrated, ect. They only show a tiny difference from DDR2. And that little FPS difference is a few $100 :eek:

And as I always repear... Anything over DDR2-800 is useless...