$1500 build

GodTom47

[-0MEGA-];478975 said:
Any CD/DVD drive will read the Windows disc, but why do you need SATA? SATA optical drives cost alot more.

Ok my question is that does a DVD drive also read cd's?

Geoff

VIP Member
Alright now my question is how do I make my 2 optical drives fit onto one IDE conector?

An IDE cable can support 2 devices, such as 2 optical drives. The cables should come with the motherboard, but you can buy them for just a couple bucks.

ETSA

Awesome RAM and MOBO and they are compatible, just make sure to turn up the voltage and set the timings in BIOS manually, its easy and will run without having to do it. Also make sure to update to newest BIOS version, F6.

That GPU is a great choice, don't listen to all the nonsense about waiting for GPU that will be more than adequate for awhile, there will be a DX10 update for all GPU's and there won't be support problems with VISTA Microsoft is not stupid enough to make an operating system where everyone will have to update immediately to see adequate performance, there is a lot of hype at the moment as with any software change, especially OS's.

Geoff

VIP Member
That GPU is a great choice, don't listen to all the nonsense about waiting for GPU that will be more than adequate for awhile, there will be a DX10 update for all GPU's and there won't be support problems with VISTA Microsoft is not stupid enough to make an operating system where everyone will have to update immediately to see adequate performance, there is a lot of hype at the moment as with any software change, especially OS's.
You can install DX10 on the video card he chose, but you won't be able to take advantage of DX10 and DX10's new features because it won't support it at a hardware level.

Geoff

VIP Member
Can we have some proof of that statement OMEGA.

You cant be serious? It's been that way all throughout the history of video cards and DirectX.

If you have a DX8 card, and install DX9, it will be DX9 at a software level, but it can't take advantage of what DX9 offers, such as SM3 and PS3. The same goes with DX10, if you install it with a DX9 card, you can't take advantage of SM4 and PS4.

ETSA

Find some literature to back up claims or statements, otherwise you only support the internet rumor mill on the internet. So can you please stop spewing crap you read on forums as if they were fact. Or otherwise substantiate your claims.

The new series of cards will be faster, that is the reason for notable increases in performance from games built on or around dx9, since that is the only benchmarking tool. Software interacts with hardware the way is was told to, so the update for todays cards will support dx10 and its features, there is no special unit on the new graphics cards that individually supports new architectures.