$1500 Computer

Blitztidus

Well I've had a Dell computer for about a few years now and now I have a job so I'll soon have enough money to buy a new computer. Obviously, I do not want to buy a premade computer by a company; I want to make my own. I bought this magazine here in Called MaximumPC and in this issue they make a computer for 1500$. I was wondering how good of a computer this would be (I'm a complete newb when it comes to knowing this kind of stuff lol) and if there's anything that should be changed or that you guys think could be, please tell me. I'm not that concerned about going a little over the 1500$ mark that they set. Here are the specs for it:

- Videocard: BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 450$
- Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i SLI 250$
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 182$
- Memory: 1 GB Corsair Twinx DDR2/800 150$
- Case: Antec Nine Hundred 140$
- Power Supply: Antec TruePower Trio 650 125$
- Operating System: Windows XP Professional OEM 99$
- Hard Drive: 250GB Maxtor DiamondMax 9 70$
- Optical Drive: Lite-On It Super AllWrite SHM-165H6S 35$

Total: 1,501$

thx guys =)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
1) get a cheaper motherb0ard
2) 8800GTS now cost about $365 on newegg after MIR
3) Bump the CPU up to a E6600
4) Get a slightly cheaper case
5) Try to get 2gigs of ram

Blitztidus

Just to tell you guys I live in Canada and Newegg does'nt ship here so I can't use it =(. Anyone know a good canadian site that acts the same as newegg?

Also Diduknowthat I want to buy something that I'll be able to upgrade easily in the future (aka put another videocard/second, more ram, more memory). They said with the rig in that magazine there is a lot of possibility for upgrades.

ducis

Canada computers is nice if you have a store nearby if you live in T.O then premier computers is nice if none are close then buy from tiger direct online but, ull have to pay shipping

mega10169

Maximum PC is located in the US so those prices are in US dollar. In Canadian dollar it would be $1501 * current exchange rate (1.1798) = $1770.88.