1500 ping on online games.

Cooto3s

Okay so my ping is high again on online games. So I did one of those broadband checks. This is what I got:

Send: 0.04 mbit/s`
Receive: 23.70 mbit/s
I have a 24mbit/s connection so the receive is correct, but the send???

Right now I'm getting around 1500 ping on every server when I'm playing online games.

It has something to do with my router, I'm pretty sure of it, yesterday I had my computer connected directly to the modem box thingy (Lol dont know what the name is) and not through the router, and I didnt have any problems at all. In fact, my ping as around 20 - 25 lower than usual.

View attachment 2630

Last edited:

oregon

Surely his usual ping is not 1500. That would be unplayable. I think his normal ping is normal (below 100), and when its wired it gets 20-25 lower.

My question is, did something change that perhaps caused your ping to increase so much? I would assume it just suddenly happened and perhaps you could undo whatever caused it.

Cooto3s

around 20 - 25 lower than usual.

20 - 25 ping lower than usual, I usually have around 75 ping, droppes to about 50 when I got it connected directly to the modem.

Last edited:

Cooto3s

Uhm at first I thought it had something to do with a mouse driver I installed, the internet worked properly for a few hours after I uninstalled it but went back to beeing slow again. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my router. I'm not sure if this has ANYTHING to do with my internet suddenly becoming slow but... I have my own COD server that I rarely use. In the beginning I had some problems with my port number, It was something like :-3354, When a normal port number is like 23680, so I fixed that problem. But just before the internet got slow the port went back to :-3354 again.

I can't say that my normal internet is slow. By normal I mean surfing around on the web. Perhaps my router is blocking like all the internet games.. lol ? I can't seem to be able to connect to my router either. I have a D-link 624+ if I remember correct. If you happen to know how to connect to it that would be great :p from what I remember its 192.168.0.1 but it doesnt work.

EDIT: I got into the router now. Lol.

EDIT2: Also, my router is slightly damaged where you connect the wires, though it's been like that for years with no problem at all.

Last edited:

Vipernitrox

When a normal port number is like 23680
port numbers can be anything ranging from 1 up to somewhere in the thousands.

anyway i'd check if your router supports upnp if it does. Check if its turned on.

Cooto3s

Okay I seem to be the only person with a weird port even though I've set it to 28960, And only swedish players can join it, Lol. How do I check if unpn or we its called is on? I've had the router for many years now and this is the first time I've had a high ping.

Vipernitrox

i don't know the router but it doesn't seem to support upnp.
if it's going on with one game you'll have to figure out the port it uses.
if it's for all games i really don't know it anymore.

if i were you i'd scroll through my router options to check if there is something that might be the problem.

Cooto3s

well I think it's all online games, probably the internet explorer too. It's kinda hard to say weather(sorry dunno how to spell that) or not it's slower than normal since I rarely use it. The router has allways worked fine before with games... Except for once when I had around 200 ping on servers that I usually have around 70 ping on, but that was just for a day and I figured that it was high traffic or something that day. Could it be because my router is slightly damaged?

Cooto3s

Okay well I dont know how to see if there's something wrong with my router. The damage it has is in a kinda crucial place. It's where you connect all the wires, Lol. I will get a pic up soon. I just
gotta find my camera..

EDIT: Nevermind the pic right now, I'm getting a new router today so if my internet works with it I'll know it's my old router that messed everything up.

Last edited:

Cooto3s

Okay so I got this router now: NETGEAR Wireless router Model WPN824v2.

I got it all set up and everything is working with wires. though I havent figured out how to go wireless, Any ideas? Lol. On my old router we had an antenna. I don't know if it's suppose to be like that on the newer models but this one didnt have one..

Last edited:

oregon

It's definitely not a PSU issue, his system probably uses less than 400W at load.

BTW, is this guy a troll?